Page 31: "Give your body, give your soul."

[A little wicked - Valerie Broussard]

Hello^^

How r u?

Don't forget to rate and comment ^^

Have a good read.

.......

"No, not merciless. I am just a reminder, reminder and reminder."

-Vittorio, Anne Rice

.......

My steps move smoothly through the silence and darkness, the shallow and shallow flames of the torches quivering on the stone walls, my breaths echoing in the void, one hand following a familiar path, moving as if to lean on the wall, pushing open the familiar door in the corridors of the castle and  I was walking down the secret stairs behind the door.

On the steps I descended a little, not much, the only thing I could choose from the fire fragments on the walls were my bare feet and the cold and rough cut stones under my soles.  Nevertheless, I was walking slowly and unhurriedly, walking down the road they directed me, without caring about the feeling of these stone steps.  I knew this way, I knew this road.  This road is that old grave road where Anna had dragged me before. After a few steps, I arrived at the covered cemetery, which was deeply dark with the return of the night, this dusty, spider-web filled and now perhaps the home of rats.

My hand went back to the torch on the wall and grasped it with a powerful movement, then I lifted this torch full of darkness in front of me, so that I could see in front of me and choose something.  With the presence of the fire, a few rats screeched and rushed around and hid somewhere.  I could see tiny spiders with thin legs on the webs.  Then, with the light created by the torch, I was able to select a few tombstones and coffins buried in darkness.

I was wearing only a robe out of my nightgown and a marauding robe.  I could not help but shiver as the sharp cold of the snowy winter crept through the windows.  Still, I did not give up and I calmed myself by taking a deep breath.  After all, I could not stand aimlessly in such a spooky and dark place.  My tongue wet my lips, I untied my tongue's ligament into the dark void;  "Anyone here?"  When I asked, it was obvious that the person I was looking for did not have a body.  My tone wasn't loud, but even this calm state echoed in the void and returned to me.  "If anyone is there, I want him to know that my intentions are not bad."

Maybe I was just trying, and even if I turned my hand empty in the end, I would at least tell myself that I had tried.  If it didn't work, of course I would be disappointed.  If it didn't work, everyone would be betting on the wrong dog.

For a while I heard nothing but the wind's own song in response.  The owls had the humming chirp and the rats the rattle that accompanied this sherry.  Giving up was a choice, but I didn't want to choose it for now.  While the torch in my hand was warming up my skin and my bare feet were getting dirty on the dirty floor, I felt for a moment that my only option was to give up because of not getting a response.

Then a deep, thick, and rather rough, gobling male voice echoed from the void; "Who dares to disturb the kings of darkness ?!"

Then another male voice gave at least the horror of the first voice;  "If you are not worthy, your end will be death, pest! In our dignified, eternal sleep you poke us like an uncomfortable rooster!"

I did not see a body, a face, or even a pale image, they were just loud male voices of people I did not know, whose origin could not be determined exactly.  It was like the voices of middle-aged men, dominant and frightening, like pirates devoted their lives to the sea with their vocal cords worn.