Part Sixteen

Backstabbed
≿━━━━༺☠━━━━
Harley Finley

I followed Drew to his car with a frown. My gut felt like I was punched knowing I had just thrown Colten to the curb in an effort to keep my mind on track. Even after he had hinted towards caring for me.

"Want to come to my place?" Drew asked as we got into the car.

A deep, shaky exhale left me. I didn't know where to go, or who to go to anymore. My trust meter was at an all time low with everyone I once thought to be closest to me.

"Can you just bring me to the rental I got? It's at Jeremys bar still."

Drew shook his head in disagreement. "It's one in the morning, Harley. Either my house or your brothers. Pick."

"Why are you getting an attitude with me? You wanted to drive me. I told you where. Now either go to Jeremys bar or pull over." I snapped out of anger.

Drew took a deep breath and calmed himself quickly before reaching over and grabbing my hand gently.

"I'm sorry Sasha provoked you. It's my fault but, I'm here to help you. Just take a few deep breaths and relax. You had a long night, now you just need to get some rest and start fresh in the morning. So pick, my house or Elijah's."

Reluctantly, I agreed to go to Drew's place. It was only ten minutes from the station and he was right, I was exhausted and not ready to hear my brothers complaints of me getting in trouble in such a short time of being back. I could already hear his voice raising like he was disciplining a child - which I wasn't anymore.

Drew showed me around his little two bedroom home he had bought a few years ago. It was neatly decorated with solid colors and comfy furniture. Even his bathroom had a fuzzy mat. I ran my toes through it as I stepped out of the shower with the towel firmly wrapped around my body.

I got dressed in the clothes Drew had left for me, consisting of a pair of his shorts that fit me too well and a loose t shirt.

"Wanna watch a show with me?" Drew asked from the living room when I tried to sneak by.

I couldn't say no even if I wanted to. I sat on the couch beside him and placed my head to the arm rest while we silently watched some trucker show on Netflix.

"Elijah told me you left town." He spoke softly.

"Yeah, I guess I couldn't leave just yet." I admitted not knowing if it was my father or Colten keeping me here anymore.

"Everything okay?"

All I did was nod numbly. Drew wasn't someone I wanted to confide in. From what I remember he was overbearing, always telling me what to do and who I should or shouldn't hang out with when we were together.

"It's okay to be upset about Jims death." Drew cooed but I didn't respond.

"Remember that time your father bought you an exhaust for your Yamaha? You were so excited you got to spend time with him. We went out that night and all you could talk about was everything he taught you. You two had some good memories you could hold onto now that he's gone."

"There's still bad ones. Like when he took tracked me down to your house and broke my arm dragging me back home." I groaned at the thought.

"I'm not saying he wasn't toxic as all hell but you were a wild child, Harley. Still are apparently. You'd sneak out, experimented with drugs, even set a car on fire."

"That was an accident." I retorted quickly.

Drew's eyes glossed over. "Lee, you were rebellious. The kids in high school still talk about the shit you used to do."