Part Forty One

Always Meant To Be
≿━━━━༺☠━━━━
Colten Gunn

I kept my mouth shut at the beginning of the formal wedding, just watching the guests arrive from the little corner Harley had found for us at the reception.

We had cooked all last night and this morning, for hours. It wasn't until we were driving to the venue did I realize how fucking exhausted I was. Even my fingers cramped when I was driving, unable to curl around the steering wheel anymore after holding a mixing spoon for the majority of my awoken long midnight hours.

But looking at Harley who seemed so content, beaming a smile, as she smoothed out her dress I had picked out and fixed a little stray hair back into her bun, it all seemed worth it.

I grabbed her hip with my hand and spun her into my body, catching her off guard in a quick dip towards the floor.

"Colten!" She giggled; her heavenly laugh that made my heart pound. Her cheeks turned a beautiful rose color, scrunching up with a curl of her plump lips that had me wrapped around her finger.

Just hearing her say my name brought me back to just a few hours ago when she was moaning it, adding a little flare of an I love you attached.

I made a promise to myself to say it to her more often. Almost a month and a half of assuming she knew how I felt wasn't the plan, and it most definitely wouldn't happen again. Not after seeing and feeling how those words affected her, I knew I had to say it more often and mean it every time.

"Yes, angel?" I grazed the back of my hand to her red hot cheek and smiled.

"I'd like to be standing upright when the married couple have their first dance."

I lifted her, twirling our bodies one more time just to hear her soft giggle she tried to hide into my chest.

"Oh!" She jumped from me, covering her mouth that suddenly turned into a frown. "I forgot I have to tell the waiters how to-

"Properly handle a fire for the main course. I got it, angel." I cut her off with a small kiss to her forehead. "Just enjoy this, say hello to your clients and I'll prevent it all from going into flames."

"Thank you, Colt." She slumped over with some relief.

"You owe me a dance when I return." I pointed a finger to her while she simply shook her head to me before walking away.

I couldn't help but turn around, just to see her one more time as she admired the wedding decorations that seemed to be all freshly picked flowers. Her eyes twinkled at the table settings and I could see her hand itching to want to touch it all with a small amount of envy.

Very soon, Harley and this will be our big day you're admiring.

I found the waiters and waitresses, corralling them into a group as I explained everything Harley has said to me about ten times since last night. They all seemed more than capable once I released them from my forced lecture.

A big sigh left my lips. So much was on my mind. Getting Harley to safety, even if that meant disguising it as a cross country adventure, was my top priority.

I was shocked she actually agreed but my heart swelled knowing she actually and fully wanted to be mine. Even if she had told me a thousand times she wanted me, the validation she was giving me was enough to make me want to get on my knees and bow to her.

"Mr. Gunn." A deep, raspy voice called from behind me.

I quickly turned, seeing a slim man with gray hair and circular glasses pushed up his nose. He wasn't someone I recognized but he fit the description of what Ian called a "Harry potter" look a like.