Part Thirty Three

Just a few fixes on this chapter 11/9/22

Family or Foes?
≿━━━━༺☠━━━━
Harley Finley

Colten helped me finish showering and drying off in the bathroom as if I was incapable.

In his defense, I sort of was. Emotionally, I was drained and physically, the same but that was his fault.

My legs felt like jelly and my heart, even if it was trying to pump Colten's love through, still felt betrayed by my past and the future that seemed determined by someone else.

"No! You are out of your damn mind if you think I'm getting back into a car tonight, Elijah!" Chloe yelled, her voice bouncing through the bathroom door.

Colten sighed with disappointment and wrapped a towel around his waist while I got dressed and followed him out to the living room.

"Chloe, I was wrong to make you go but we found out it's only Harley in trouble. I don't want you in the middle of this." Elijah protested, trying to keep his voice soft but it came out demanding and undermining towards his pregnant fiancé.

"I don't give a flying fuck what you want right now. I am NOT getting back into a car until tomorrow." She looked to us with wide eyes, taking in our damp hair and Colten half dressed.

"Lovebug." Elijah wrapped his arms around her, pulling her body to his as much as he could with her protruding stomach.

"Do not use my pet name. No. You guys have kept me out of the loop for how long?! I've been just going along with it because I love you guys! But holy shit am I done being the dumb pregnant bitch." Chloe motioned to us all.

"How about this, we get a hotel down the street tonight. Have a little getaway before the babies come and in the morning, after we've eaten," Elijah rubbed her stomach softly with a knowing look, "we could meet back here and discuss it all."

Chloe closed her eyes looking back to her fiancé. "Fine. Only if the hotel has a pool."

"Done."

Colten gave me a sweet kiss on my temple before going up to Chloe and wrapping his arms around her. He whispered something into her ear, making her pursed lips turn into a smile as she side eyed me. She opened her arms wide, motioning me to join the giant group hug they had all managed to get wrapped in.

As soon as I got close, Elijah and Colten wrapped their arms around me, pressing me into Chloe's stomach.

The tears I had warded off returned quickly with such the simple gesture.

"I love you guys." I hushed, not able to hold it in anymore.

"We love you too, Lee." Elijah cooed back, tightening his arms around all of us. "Everything will be fine. At least we'll all be close enough Incase you need help."

"I'm staying, man. I have some unfinished business." Colten announced quickly, as if thinking Elijah actually meant he was going with them.

"Unfinished my ass." Chloe rolled her eyes.

"Oh my god. Please don't antagonize him, Chloe." Elijah murmured, pulling his body out of the circle.

I couldn't stop my laughter, or my happy tears. I hugged Colten and Chloe tighter, rocking our bodies softly.

"I am so, so happy for you two." Chloe murmured softly to us.

"Chloe, let's head out. I'm sure these two want a little more time together." Elijah winked to Colten who just shamelessly winked back.