Epilogue

Everything I could ever ask for
≿━━━━༺☠━━━━
Harley Finley

*Two years later.*

There was no way.

No fucking way.

The world must have ended.

I must have died.

And I couldn't tell if it was heaven or the depths of hell.

With my gut twisted and my eyes watering, I snatched the godforsaken pregnancy test from the counter and rushed through the house.

Even in my panicked state, I tip toed, trying hard not to wake the boys.

I just spent an hour trying to get Jacob to nap and convince Levi to watch TV so I could finally think for myself. There was no way in hell - which is probably where I am - I was going to rile them up by yelling at their father.

The door to the garage flung open, a little more dramatic than I wished but my point got across quickly.

Colten peered up to me, stopping whatever stupid project he had started on the death trap he had begged me to keep.

"What the fuck did you do?!" I yelled after closing the garage door quietly then approached him with long, quick steps.

Ones that showed I was going to strangle him. I'd take the wrench from his rough hands and cut off his circulation with it - somehow.

Colten dropped his tools to the work bench and hastily made his way over to me. His brown eyes wide as he stared at the positive pregnancy test in my hand.

"Harley, are you.."

"Don't act surprised! You did this! You gave me that shit didn't you? Adopting wasn't enough was it? Levi and Jacob weren't enough? We went through hell with the adoption agency not once but twice! And it wasn't enough?" I shoved him away, tears staining my cheeks. "We agreed to adopt so we wouldn't fuck up our own kids, Colten."

Colten lowered his hands, shaking his head. "Harley, angel," He pleaded with a smile taking over his face, "I didn't give you anything."

My shoulders dropped as his words resonated within me.

"You promise?" I just about weeped.

"I gave you my dick but that's it." He rested his hands to my hips, squeezing them. "You're pregnant."

"I'm pregnant." I whispered back, repeating the words as if speaking a different language.

"When was your last period?"

"It's been months. I just thought it was the stress from the boys. You know Levi hasn't been handling the whole new house, new mom thing well. I never thought.." I looked down to my stomach where Colten's hands gently laid.

*6 Years Later*

"Mom." Levi leaned his head into my shoulder with a frown.

"Yes, my love?" I cupped his little cheek and held them as tight as I could.

"Could you please stop embarrassing me in front of my new classmates." He managed to mutter his tiny lips while rolling his magnificent hazel eyes to me. "It's just the eighth grade. I'll be fine."

I sighed, looking to my babies, all standing side by side dressed in their school uniform.

Levi, our first adopted boy, who came from the slums and a drug addicted womb. One who felt like he was ripped from his real parents for the longest time. His dark brown hair mimicked Colten's and his eyes mine even if he hadn't come from the two of us.