Part Twenty Five

The Feels
≿━━━━༺☠━━━━

Harley Finley

I had made up my mind before I even spoke. There was no competition between Jim and Colten. Between my abusive father and the man who had someone wrapped me around his finger.

"You." I mumbled, pursing my lips.

Colten raised a brow, relaxing a bit above me. "Me? You're choosing to be with me, to drop all of this, just like that?"

"Mhm."

"Is this a trick? Are you planning on going behind my back and running straight into trouble first chance you get?"

"Nope."

"Why?" His voice dropped with disbelief as he rested more of his weight on top of me, allowing me to feel his entire body pressed against mine.

"Because I like you and I'm honesty tired of this town. If I could leave here and somehow still have you, I'm going to take it."

He looked between my eyes and my lips, back and forth with silence. I could see everything rushing through his mind all at once. The doubt mixed with the immense giddy he couldn't hide even if he tried this time.

"You just have to promise me that I'm not leaving you behind with everything else. I don't think I could go home and sit in my apartment, pretending everything's okay, when my mind will be stuck on you. Wondering if you're okay or if we could have been more if I stayed." I hushed and wrapped my arms around his body, pulling even more of him against me until I could barely breathe. "You've been the main reason I stayed so long, Colt. I'll leave if that means you'll stop fighting your feelings for me. I already came to terms with my mothers death years ago, reopening these old wounds has been heartbreaking. I don't think I can handle it even if I really want to. I just want you."

His face dropped with relief and a deep exhale, allowing me to smell the beer on his breath. "Fuck, I didn't think it'd be that easy. I had a whole lecture that I was thinking about on the ride to pick you up."

"I mean, you could still do it. Or, you could accept my willingness to please you and do something else." I purred, stroking his back in long strides with my nail pulling at his tight shirt.

"Let me just get one more thing off of my chest before I puss out." He groaned, fighting my soft touches that caused goosebumps on his back. It seemed like he couldn't get the words out. His lips were ajar but nothing seemed to exit them.

So I waited. I held onto his back eagerly, waiting patiently for whatever it was he wanted to say.

"I've never been in love. I've never opened up my heart to a woman. I never felt the need to or really had the chance being in the army for so long." He paused letting me take in his words that slowly left his lips, "I knew from the moment you stopped talking to me that I couldn't go another day without hearing your soft laugh or seeing your smile. Elijah and Hudson can bust my balls all they want for me doing nothing but talking and thinking about you. I don't care. You coming back here was the best thing that could have happened to me. I can feel myself accepting the fact that I don't want to be without you. It's scary as fuck and I'm trying my hardest not to hurt you. I don't want you to leave. I already know that as soon as you go home I'm going to feel lost without you. I can't imagine walking into Jim's house and not seeing you in the kitchen anymore or hearing you curse at Elijah for burning something as simple as toast. It's going to suck but knowing you're safe, that no one can put their hands on you like Drew did, it's worth it. And no matter where you are, Harley, you are always going to have a place in my heart. I promise that you leaving won't change that. If anything I'm just going to want to be with you more and more until everything is figured out."

I closed my eyes tightly once he finished talking to ward off the tears that threatened to spill. I wasn't sure when I became the one to cry in front of anyone but his admission meant the world to me.

I had been dying to hear just a piece of that from him. And to hear it all? I felt my heart stop. It was everything I wanted him to say and more.

So much more.

"Fuck, how am I supposed to leave after you saying all of that?" I murmured while he wiped under my eyes.

"Don't worry, angel. I was thinking of driving you, just to be sure everything was okay." He whispered with his smile growing.

"You're going to come with me?" I perked up a bit at the thought.

"Just for a night to make sure you stay out of trouble. Plus, I really want to know what kind of kinks you're into that I haven't find out about yet. I'm picturing a swing above your bed. Maybe handcuffs on the railings." He wagged his brows then cursed when I slapped his chest.

"No sex swing." I disciplined him with a smile. One I couldn't get rid of if I wanted to.

"I'll have to install one. You must have vibrators, maybe a big purple dildo hiding in your closet?" He continued to tease and when I didn't answer, he laughed, "I'll figure it out, angel. I know you're into more than rough sex and trust me, I'm going to give you whatever it is."

"Even if it's a fantasy of my teen celebrity crush?"

Colten chuckled and dipped his lips into my neck. He kissed the area up and down, his hot breath fanning my neck with every exhale.

"I'd be anyone you want me to be as long as I'm yours." He hummed into my skin. "Is that your fetish? Role playing?"

"Not even close."

Colten rolled onto his back, bringing my body on top of his. He held me still with a hand on either side of my face. "I mean it though. You're pretty much stuck with me now."

"How stuck?" I smiled at the thought.

"Like planning a future together stuck. No turning back now. One day little Colten's will be running around causing trouble and a pretty ring will be on your finger."

"Isn't it a little early to be thinking of all of that?" I scrunched my eyebrows with pure shock that he was able to open up just like he had promised me when asking me out.

"Isn't that what a relationship is? Building up to the future you want? I'm not going to lie to you and say I want that anytime soon but if we're going to be together, you should know now that I want kids and marriage."

I laughed, letting my head rest onto his chest until it stopped. "A relationship is more than that, Colt. It's if you see all of that with me. If you think we could be a support system for each other through it all."

His face laxed, showing a dazzling smile that I wish he'd never lose. "I'd do anything for you, angel. You should know that by now."

"Good. Then never give me an ultimatum again. That was the lowest thing you've done to me." I snickered. "It even tops when you tasted me then left at the bar."

"I'm sorry." Colten sighed. "How about I make it up to you and bring you back to my place."

"I seriously thought you lived at Elijah's this whole time." I chuckled as he pulled our bodies to a stand.

"No, his house just has a better view." He winked and adjusted the vest he had put on me earlier with a look of pride. His fingers combed through my hair, pulling out the leaves and dirt from laying on the ground with him. He reached his lips to my cheek, placing a gentle kiss to my skin where he lingered for a moment.

"Hmm, so what are we going to do at your house?"

"I think it's time you learned what I enjoy in the bedroom." His voice deepened, almost into a growl.

***

A/N; Just going to drop a random chapter! I want to keep this story moving along. With JE finished and 'Like You' just starting, I feel like I have more oomf to complete this story. I have the rest of the story thought out with a rough draft, it'll be at least 20 more chapters with the smut. So, we got time until then end. But FINALLY Colten admits his feels. I'm so excited with what happens next and how it all ends! and I can't wait to share it with you! :)

Thanks guys! <3