3. First Day As The Twins' Bodyguards

DIAMOND'S POV

"Just sign here and you will officially be their bodyguards." Miss Jords handed each of us a thick set of papers stapled together. We- I meant I read them first. Emerald and Ruby really didn't bother as they both brought their pens out and signed. So far, I agreed to the terms and conditions. And so, after a few minutes and feeling uncomfortable with their stares, I signed the paper.

"Great, pleasure doing business with you ladies. You three don't mind if you start today, right? Because..." Miss Jords' eyes wandered to the door. She stood up and opened it. The twins were standing right outside. "Can we go to the mall now, mommy?"

Miss Jords smiled. "Yes sweeties, you can. But they have to go with you." Miss Jords pointed at us and Emerald waved. The twins stared at us in... Disgust? Wait, am I imagining it? The twins forced a smile, "Sure, mommy."

Miss Jords patted their heads. "Girls, this is Ruby, Emerald, and Diamond. Your bodyguards. This is Alina-" She gestured to the girl who wore the orange turtle neck and sun necklace. "- and this is Sheila." Then, to the one with the yellow turtle neck and moon necklace. "I hope all of you will get along. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to something. You girls get going." We left miss Jords' office and the twins stopped a good distance from it.

"You are not going with us." Alina looked straight into our eyes and Sheila agreed. "Why not?" Emerald asked. The twins looked at us like we grew five heads, "We can't be seen with people like... You." She emphasized the last word.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Ruby crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow. With this, the tension became heavier. "What is it to you? Did our mom hire bodyguards with no brain?" Sheila said sassily. Ruby's eye twitched at this, "Why you little-" I put a hand on Ruby's shoulder. "Stop. I'll take care of this. And remember who they are."

"Look, I don't get why you don't want us to go with you. But, honestly, I don't care. What I care about is that your mom expects us to protect you. So, since I don't have time to break fights up, you'll have to agree to my condition." The twins, surprisingly, listened intently.

"You'll wear hats, sunglasses, and anything that will not attract any attention toward you. Then, I promise you we'll just guard you from far away." Honestly, it seemed like a pretty good deal for me. Even Ruby and Emerald agreed. But the twins did not.

"A hat?!" yelled Alina at the same time Sheila yelled, "Sunglasses?!" I nodded, bored. What's so bad about it?

"Don't you know how those two will ruin our style? It's just - ugh!" Wow, great vocabulary you got there.

"Then we have no choice but to stay close to you," I said. "Isn't there another way? That doesn't involve you being seen with us and having poor fashion sense?" Sheila whined.

"No." I made sure that they either agree to my deal or we would just have to stay close to them.

"Hmph. Fine then. But instead of a hat, I want a mask." Alina said. "Same for me!" And her twin agreed.

"Fine." I sighed. Damn, not an hour has passed yet I feel mentally drained already. What have we gotten ourselves into?

"Let's go already, the phone A and Vancio L will be sold out! And I want to get to it first!" Sheila practically zoomed down the stairs with Alina tailing behind her.

"Hey! Don't forget your disguise!"

-

"This is stupid," Alina said irritatedly. "It's either this or we stay close to you." Ruby reminded them. The twins sighed and glared at us. "We'll go in first, then count to ten before entering," Sheila said and adjusted her yellow mask with whiskers as a design. Alina had the same ask except in the color orange.