11. Can't Face Him Yet

DIAMOND'S POV

A lot had happened over the weekend that left me shaken. Let me try to remember it.

We went to an amusement park to help Alina forget Dylan.

We found someone almost lifeless.

We got into a fight because we helped somebody.

I got a bloody nose.

Ruby got a black eye.

Emerald glared at me - scary, might I add.

The twins ignored us for almost a full day. Then, finally said the reason when we confronted them.

Yeah, I think that was about it. And now, we were back at the start. Ruby was pulling Alina at the moment who wouldn't let go of a table. Where have I seen this before?

"Let go! We're going to be late!" Ruby shouted as she pulled on Alina's feet. Alina was now diagonally in the air while gripping the leg of a table.

"I don't mind for once!" Alina shouted at the same volume as Ruby, maybe even louder. Sheila had enough and helped Ruby in pulling her sister. "Let's go, Alina! You'll be late..." Sheila sighed. "You'll be late for math! And I heard there's going to be a new lesson today!"

Alina gasped as she realized this. She was torn between facing the boy who broke her heart or learning a new thing in math. Alina bit her lip as she was forced to make a decision. "C-Can't you just take notes for me?" Alina looked pleadingly at her sister.

Sheila blankly looked at her twin and said through gritted teeth. "I have to write notes for myself. If that isn't agonizing enough, I have to write for you too?" Then, she laughed sweetly. "No way."

At that, Alina was slowly starting to lose her grip on the table. She cursed. "Damn it, Fine." Once Alina had let go of the table, she didn't bother to get up and let her twin drag her across to the door. The two and I watched in bewilderment. Is that normal? 

Following them, I saw they were already standing near my car. I took my keys out and clicked the open button. The Nisan Maxime beeped an orange light and Sheila got inside, meanwhile, Alina was reconsidering her choice. "You know what? I think I'll-" Sheila, with furrowed eyebrows, said lowly, "Don't make me put you in the trunk." Alina whimpered at the threat and reluctantly got inside.

"That was..." Ruby trailed off.

"Weird?" Emerald looked at her. Ruby shrugged and said, "Close enough."

I opened the door of the driver's seat, Emerald was in the front seat, and Ruby was at the back with the twins. "Seat belt." I reminded. They strapped in and we sped off.

-

"Hello? Come on out." I tapped the window of the backseat. There was Alina pouting and gripping the seat. I noticed the action and sighed. "You won't mind being absent then?" Alina looked at me. "I can drive you home and the others can make up an excuse." The girl then looked down at her lap and played with her fingers. "C-Can I?" She whispered. "If you aren't ready to face him yet." I smiled. 

"Don't worry, Alina." Sheila cracked her knuckles. "I'll beat him up for you. And... Maybe I might copy notes for you." Alina glanced at her sister, she wore a relieved expression. "Thank you... You think mommy won't mind?" Sheila thought about it and chuckled. "Just cough in front of her and she'll send you to bed right away."

Alina smiled and nodded to me. "Sorry if I'm a hassle..." Alina sighed.

I got into the driver's seat while the others went inside the school. "Don't say that. I understand your situation." I patted her head since she moved from the back to the passenger seat. I started the engine and began to drive.