4. Back To School

RUBY'S POV

"Let's go already! Stop grabbing the table!" I yelled as I pulled Sheila and Alina towards the door. "Never!"

The last few days after the kidnapping incident, they changed drastically. From a brat to a normal person. "Education is important! Do you know that education made what your mother is today?" I said, tugging the twins once again.

"I don't care! There are a lot of people in the school who will flock around us again just for connections!" Sheila snapped, pulling onto the table once more.

After a game of tug-of-war, I finally brought the twins inside the car. "Took you long enough." Diamond said before starting the engine. It was the first day of school. We were going to the twins' academy- Morrison Private Academy to be exact.

It was an elite school built for rich and powerful people. Well, you could already tell from their uniforms; A black blazer with a white polo shirt, a red vest, and a gold ribbon. It was paired with a black skirt that reached just a few inches above your knees. There was an emblem on the left side of the jacket. It looked like a crown engulfed in flames.

Diamond was driving the car with Emerald in the passenger seat. I was in the backseat with the twins.

"Stop poking me."

"You're sitting on my skirt."

"Your bag's squishing me."

"Scoot over then."

I never knew they could be like this. I still prefer it over them being a brat. "Okay stop that. Here, I'll be in the middle." After a bit of difficulty switching places with Alina, the car ride was quiet.

After a 45-minute drive, we were here. I looked both over to the twins, seeing they were sleeping. "Hey, wake up. We're here." They stirred and yawned before fully waking up. "Ugh, I can feel the stares already." I looked out the window to see a bunch of people staring at the car, they almost looked like they were preparing to run over here.

"Get ready," Diamond unbuckled her seat belt. "We are going to war."

-

I thought Diamond was being too dramatic. Turned out, she was right. "Alina! Over here! I'm your biggest fan!"

"Sheila! I'm one of your followers! Please notice me!"

"I love your outfits today! Where did you get them? Let's go shopping after school!" Really? That's their school uniform!

The moment we stepped out of the car, we were faced by the people just outside the school. We tried our best to keep the girls from their grasp. After a while of struggling, I had enough.

"If you people won't give the girls space, good luck trying to befriend them. They hate people like you." It worked, the crowd froze. They backed away slowly, muttering apologies, scared that they might ruin their chance at getting close to them.

I saw the twins look at us gratefully. Looking up at the school, it was humongous. I almost wanted to polish my shoes first before entering the academy.

It was obvious. The school seemed bigger than the mall we went to, I assume it must be up to 10 floors or something. The first floor was already huge, I couldn't imagine what the upper floors looked like. The gold walls and black floors of this place screamed superiority. The stairs in the very middle and the rooms alone must've cost millions!

I also noticed there were a lot of people who looked around my age or older. They were probably bodyguards too. "All right! What's your first class?" Emerald asked. Alina went to get something from her purple backpack - their schedule. "Thankfully, Sheila and I have the same classes. All of them. So first, we have... Math!" Alina cheered while Sheila looked depressed. "Yay, I love math," Sheila said with no enthusiasm.