8. Amusement Park Disaster

DIAMOND'S POV

The three of us stood outside the twins' room. All that we could hear was sobbing that probably came from Alina. After what happened yesterday, we were thankful it was Saturday, meaning Alina didn't have to face Dylan just yet.

Ruby was about to knock on their door, but I stopped her. "Don't... We have to wait until she stops crying - until she lets it all out. Then, we can talk to her. So for now..." I looked at Emerald.

"... Could you go out and buy some things that would make her cheer up? Like ice cream, plushies, movies, chocolates, and things like that. There's a store nearby, only a minute's walk away." Emerald nodded and went to our room. She left the place with her wallet.

"Wow, Diamond. I haven't thought of that." Ruby chuckled. "That was smart of you."

I, however, didn't feel flattered by her compliment. At all. The reason that I thought of that was... I shook my head, though the thought still lingered.

"Hey! Earth to Diamond!" Ruby waved her hand in front of me as she tried to grab my attention. I sighed and stopped her hand. "What is it?"

"Emerald's already here." She pointed at the green-eyed girl who carried multiple plastic bags. "Oh." That was my reply. Did I really space out that long?

"Are you okay? Don't tell me you wanted chocolates too." Emerald joked which received a glare from me.

I didn't hear any sound from the twins' room. Assuming Alina already calmed down, I knocked three times. "Hey girls. It's us. Do you mind if we come in? We have something for you." I tried to make my voice and wording as gentle as possible.

Waiting for a few seconds, Sheila opened the door. A sad expression was visible on her face as she stared at Alina who was hugging an orange pillow tightly, covering her face with it.

"Alina..." Ruby started but was cut off when Alina raised a finger. It meant that she didn't want to hear anything about what happened at the moment.

"We got you guys something." Emerald tried to lighten up the mood by shaking the boxes of chocolates, she turned to Sheila and said, "Your strawberries are in the kitchen."

Alina lowered the pillow slightly, we could see her eye red from crying. "Chocolates...?" I felt her pain when she spoke with a hoarse voice. I sat beside her and patted her hair, which I struggled with since her hair was a tangled mess.

"Here." I grabbed the plastic bags from Emerald and placed them down in front of her. She unenthusiastically opened the box of chocolates. She unwrapped one and popped it inside her mouth. She was sniffing a little as she ate it.

"I still just... Can't process it." Swallowing the chocolate, she finally spoke. "Was everything he said... A lie?"

"All his sweet words, his comforts, his promises. Was it all a lie?" She said through gritted teeth. "A lie that I stupidly believed."

"Alina, it must just have been a misunderstanding or something," Sheila said. Alina looked up, her eyes widened with rage. "A misunderstanding? Sheila, we saw them eating each other's faces as clear as day!" I tried to remember the scene from yesterday.

"To be honest... I think Dylan didn't enjoy it one bit." I told her. She shot me a side glance. "How do you know?" I didn't have any proof or a reason why I said that. I guiltily shrugged. "I don't know, his expression said it all."

"Well, he didn't have to kiss her." She said that last word with venom, "Especially when he already gave me this." She pulled out something from the drawer - the confession letter Dylan gave.