9. A Fight

EMERALD'S POV

I quickly stood up, only to fall again. The guy was badly beaten up - his blond hair was disheveled with bruises and cuts on his cheeks. Then on his arms and legs were long cuts that were way too deep, it was still even bleeding. His clothes were torn, revealing more bruises and wounds underneath. If we don't get him to a hospital soon, he might die because of blood loss!

Diamond checked if he still had a pulse, we sighed in relief when Diamond nodded, but we were still panicking. Ruby shielded the twins from the gory sight. "H-Hospital." I managed to say. "We n-need to get him to a hospital. If not..." I didn't dare finish that sentence. I looked at Ruby and said, "Call an ambulance!"

For some reason, those words were familiar, as if it was engraved into my mind. I looked back at the guy and shook him. He was still breathing, but barely.

Don't die... Please. I lived, so you have to do the same too!

Red and Blue filled our vision. People surrounded the scene with police officers stopping them from taking pictures.

Two guys hopped off the ambulance and helped the beaten victim. "Hey." One of them said. "Can you guys come with us? We need to ask questions for this guy here." Diamond nodded and turned to face me. "Get the twins back to the mansion, Ruby and I will take care of this."

I mentally thanked Diamond, I didn't want to answer the questions that were asked to me 15 years ago.

Diamond gave me her car keys and said, "Don't crash my car. You'll get the same treatment as the guy if you did." I didn't find that funny. The state that guy was in flashed before my eyes, but instead of seeing him, I saw myself.

All those bruises
All those cuts
The pain she inflicted
The misery she caused
It made my childhood hell

I glared at Diamond, it was something I didn't do often - glare, especially at someone who I was close to. Diamond knew this and raised both of her hands like she was surrendering. "I was just joking. You have your license anyway."

I stared as they went inside the ambulance after the guy. I showed the car keys to the twins and grinned, opposite of what I did 5 minutes ago. I hoped the twins didn't see that. "So, who's riding in the front seat?"

"Me! I call older twin privileges!" Sheila shouted as she sprinted towards the car, hugging the passenger door and hissing at Alina when she tried to come near it. "That's not fair!" Alina whined.

After fighting for the front seat, Sheila was declared the winner. Alina sat in the backseat with her arms crossed and a pout. Sheila stuck her tongue out and I got in the driver's seat. "Seat belts." I impersonated Diamond before laughing with the twins.

The mansion was only a 15-minute drive away. Since we still have a bit of time, I suggested to the twins that we go out to eat. Their stomachs gurgled as I said the word. Chuckling, I parked at a fast food place. I stopped when I remembered something. "Does this place suit your liking?" I smirked.

The twins groaned. "Don't even."

Pushing the door for them, a gush of cold wind welcomed us. The place was air-conditioned, with brown chairs and white tables everywhere. Its yellow and red walls reminded me of something, but I couldn't remember what. There were a few people left in this place.

We went to form a line at the counter. When it was our turn, I looked at the twins. "What do you guys want? It'll be my treat!"

Two of them huffed and said, "Nonsense. We can pay for ourselves." Shrugging, I let them do just that. I ordered a grilled chicken with sweet and spicy sauce. Alina ordered egg sandwiches with their special sauce and Sheila ordered a fish fillet with mayonnaise and ketchup. For our drinks, I had iced tea, Sheila had a strawberry smoothie and Alina had the same, but chocolate. We each paid for our food and sat down at a table in the corner.