1. The Billionaire woman; Victoria Jords

RUBY'S POV

The sound of my alarm clock was the reason I was awake. I turned it off and yawned, shaking the sleepiness away. I stood up, stretched, and admired my room a little. My bed was in the corner of the room with a table and an alarm clock on top. My fuzzy violet blanket and black pillows were tempting me to go back to sleep, but I knew better.

My dark violet wallpapers were designed with stars, planets of all kinds, and even galaxies. Since the color was fit for those designs, my room looked like outer space. I groggily dragged my legs to the bathroom, but not before bumping into a desk, to shower so I could officially start the day.

I stripped off my clothes and put one foot after another in the tub. The hot water that sprinkled onto me made me relax and at peace, momentarily forgetting the stress that would rise later in the day.

Fifteen minutes later I was out of the bathroom. In my towel, I racked my closet for something to wear. I chose a long sleeve, button-up red blouse together with dark jeans. I grabbed my white and black shoes near my doorway.

Next, I sat on a chair with a desk in front of me - the one I bumped into earlier - and blowdried my black hair with a help of a mirror. And that, I was ready to start the day.

Leaving the comfort of my bedroom, I walked through the empty hallway, my steps echoing. I arrived at an elevator, you could see your reflection in its shiny, silver double doors. It dinged and opened. I took a step inside and waited until I arrived on the first floor.

The Gemstone's building had 10 floors in total. The second, third, and fourth floors were the bedrooms. A boss should be on one of those floors to check up on everybody. So I was on the second, Emerald was on the third, and finally Diamond was on the fourth.

The fifth floor was where the rookies were, the sixth floor was where the juniors were located, then the elites on the seventh floor, and the professionals on the eighth floor. The ninth floor and tenth floor purely consist of people who build advanced technologies to help the other employees on their jobs - the engineers.

I arrived at the first floor, or the lobby where everyone enters and exits. A few employees greeted me good morning and went back to their work, which I appreciated.

The lobby was where the entrance was obviously located, lights from high above shone, white marbled walls complimented that shine and couches where employees could briefly rest could be found almost everywhere. The kitchen and dining room could be found here too.

I walked along the grey rug that covered the black tiles, then someone shouted from behind.

"Ruby!" And cue the headache. I turned around to face a girl the same age as me, her long red-orange hair tied up in a half ponytail. Her green eyes rivaled those of a true emerald. She wore a black T-shirt with a white feather in the middle as a design. She paired it with black jeans and grey boots that went up to her ankles.

"What do you want now, Emerald?"

"I just wanted to see you!" She smiled.

"Now you did. I have to go."

"Wait!" She stopped me. "Don't tell me you're going somewhere without eating breakfast first. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day." She was right, my stomach growled the moment she said the word. I sighed and turned to her again, "Fine."

She grabbed my wrist and ran. "Wait! Slow down! Emeraaaald! Oops, sorry about that! This girl's crazyyyy!" She continued to drag me despite my protest, even after bumping into an employee.

We had arrived at our destination, the dining room. It was a spacious room with a long table in the middle and rows of chairs since this was where most of the employees eat. I yanked my hand back from Emerald's grip.