6. The Mark and Valentine's Day

EMERALD'S POV

I said this once and I would say it again. Time flies so fast. It was already the 13th of February. We got up at five in the morning to get ready for the day again. Diamond went first to shower, Ruby was next, and lastly, me.

Wearing a T-shirt with green and white stripes underneath a grey sweater, I paired it with blue ripped jeans and white shoes. Diamond wore a black hoodie together with denim jeans and black shoes. I wonder what's up with her and hoodies? Though they are comfortable. Ruby wore a button-up plaid red shirt with light blue pants. She wore black rubber shoes with it. We knocked at the twins' room - just the door in front of ours. We could hear a muffled, "Wait!" So, we did.

15 minutes later and after me contemplating on whether to kick the door down or not, the twins finally showed up. "Did you guys take long to put on make-up or something?" Ruby joked. Though, the blush - I didn't know if it was make-up or blood rush - told us they did something without us knowing. I gasped, "You guys did! What is it? Reveal the mystery please."

The twins groaned simultaneously and rolled their eyes. "Leave us alone, we did nothing." They proceeded to go down the stairs in a hurry, making the three of us chase after them.

After another scrumptious breakfast, we got inside Diamond's black car. I called shotgun and Ruby was in the backseat with the twins again. As we drove off, I could see signs and banners on the streets about the upcoming Valentine's day.

"Damn, talk about being single." I huffed. "I get that I'll probably die alone but they don't have to rub it in." I crossed my arms. From the backseat, Ruby patted me on the back, "You're not alone Emerald, We'll die alone together." Diamond was eerily quiet - guess she was probably thinking the same thing.

"Valentine's not that bad..." Sheila trailed off. "It's the time of the month when your future lover can confess to you. Though, the chances are low." Sheila chuckled. "Thanks for reminding me," I grumbled. My personality suddenly changed as I whipped my head towards the backseat, facing the twins with a sly grin.

"So, anyone you're interested in?" Even though I already knew who, it was still fun to ask that question. Sheila's and Alina's breath hitched at my question and began to answer rather quickly, "No!"

I gave them a questioning look. As if realizing their mistake. they cleared their throat. "We aren't interested in anybody. Not at the moment anyway." Alina looked away and I immediately knew it was a lie. I was about to say something when the car halted. "We're here." Huh, that was fast.

We got out of the door and were immediately surrounded by mobs of people who wanted to be near the twins. We had to go through this every day, I still wasn't used to strangers invading my personal space.

"Keep the twins at the center!" Diamond ordered and we formed a circle, with the twins at the center like Diamond said.

This time, there were more boys than usual around their age, holding what seems to be letters with hearts on them. I'm already twenty-five, and the twins are fifteen yet they have more admirers than me. Thanks a lot, cupid.

After a few more minutes of struggling to reach the school and Diamond yelling a threat, we finally arrived. Not half of the day had passed yet I was sweating like crazy.

"It's funny how you people squirm like worms." Here comes the person who hates the twins. Alina and Sheila stared at her before saying, "Yeah, sad you can't relate. No one wants to be near you." Chill with the roasts, girls. There are two of you and one enemy.

Sophie's face turned red from anger. "Yeah? All the boys want me though!" Alina and Sheila looked bored from Sophie's pathetic defense. Two of them looked around.