♡Chapter Twenty-Three♡

"What if they don't like me?" Dashie asked.

"Babe, I'm sure they will love you.. You're worrying for no reason," I glanced at him while keeping my eyes on the road.

"Sorry, I just can't help it..," he slightly chucked.
I put my hand over his and rubbed it with my thumb.
"Everything's gonna be okay," I smiled.

He grabbed my hand and brought it up to his lips together give it a gentle kiss.

Dashie and I are currently on our way to my parent's house for a family dinner they do every year around spring time. And since I've been with Dashie for over a year now, I figured it's about time my family meets him. I am a little nervous on what they will think, but at the end of the day their opinions won't matter. This is the love of my life and I'm not letting him go that easily. Nothing my family can say that will change my mind.

I soon passed a sign that read "Welcome to Miami Gardens!"

I smiled at the old sign as I got a nostalgic feeling from when I grew up here. "Looks like we're almost there, babe," I informed Dashie.

"That fast? Damn, I thought it'd be a little longer."

I giggled and said, "Nah, silly"

After a few more minutes of driving, I finally approach a neighborhood of houses. I notice Dashie looking at every house I pass, wondering which one I'm going to stop at. Finally, I see the place I've called home for a very long time.

"Annnddd here we are!" I exclaim while pulling into the drive way

Dashie's eyes widened slightly as he said, "Damnnn babygirl.. I like y'alls spot!"

I chuckle and say, "Thank you, my parents worked hard for this place." I got my things together and looked towards Dashie asking, "You ready?"

He took a deep breath, and breathed into his hands while sniffing, "Breath's good.. Aight.. Yea babe, I'm ready."

We both got out of the car and I joined hands with Dashie as we walked towards the door to my old home. I knocked on the door three times before I heard voices inside.

After a few seconds of waiting, the door finally opened. Behind it was a man who was taller than me with dark brown hair and a scruffy beard. There are a few wrinkles on his face showing that he's about middle aged. That man being my father.

"Mija!!!" he exclaimed while embracing me in a hug.

"Papá!!" I exclaimed back while accepting his embrace. We hugged for a good 15 seconds and then we finally pulled away.

I noticed Dashie awkwardly standing beside me so I knew I needed to introduce him immediately.

"a quien tenemos aqui?" (who do we have here?) my father asked.