Chapter 1: Reuniting With Jack

A/N: I don't own any characters, songs, pictures, or anything, except for my character, Cordelia. Hope you enjoy!

~1728~

"Is that all you got, Delia?!" My older brother, Jack, asked as he let out a chuckle.

"Oh I'm just warming up." I retorted.

We weren't far from Shipwreck Cove, we clashed our swords as we roamed around the island. I stepped back before swinging my sword again towards Jack. However, he was quick to deflect my attacks. But it was just the beginning, I quickly took out a hidden dagger that I had in my boot, which surprised Jack. Just as I was beginning to win, our fun was quickly ruined.

"Cordelia!" Grandmama's voice rang out.

I glanced over at Jack, who flinched upon hearing her voice. I didn't blame him, Grandmama was a vicious pirate. Father would tell us that she truly loves us, but she had a funny way of showing her affection.

"I don't want to go back." I mentioned.

"You must be strong, Cordelia." Jack advised.

"Why can't you take me with you?" I asked.

Jack hesitated. "...Because it's not safe with me. I can't watch over all the time."

"It's not safe here either. You know that Jack." I pointed out.

Jack grimaced. "How about I make you a promise."

I furrowed my brows. "What kind of promise?"

"I promise you that once I'm Captain of a ship that I shall return for you." Jack assured me.

My eyes widened. "And I'll be your first mate!"

Jack chuckled as he patted my head. "We'll negotiate that once the time comes."

"Captain!"

I snapped out of my thoughts as I whipped around to find my first mate, Tal Tempest. He was a son of Jupiter, and I had met him at the old camp of Camp Jupiter in an ancient town in the heart of Italy. All of my crew were either Roman demigods or legacies. We once had a run in with Greek demigods and it wasn't pretty, we practically destroyed an entire Greek port, fighting each other.

"We've arrived at Tortuga." Tal mentioned.

"Good, tell the crew that they may wander as they please. We won't be leaving soon." I informed him.

Tal nodded. "Very well, Captain."

As I walked off my ship, named the Arabella, I thought back to Jack. It wasn't his fault he couldn't keep his promise. Not long after Jack left, father moved the entire family to Libertalia, a place where pirates could live in peace. Once I was nine, I went to the Camp Jupiter, where all Roman demigods and legacies trained. At the age of thirteen, I became one of the Praetors of Camp Jupiter. I had the SPQR tattoo with seven lines along with a trident and a crossed sword with a torch on my right forearm. As soon as I was seventeen, I left Camp Jupiter to follow my family's footsteps in becoming a pirate. And three years later, here I am.

Once I reached the tavern on Tortuga, I saw a plethora of pirates fighting against each other. My eyes wandered and I spotted the last person I expected to see. There sitting at a table was Jack along with his friend and first mate, Joshamee Gibbs. My eyes lit up as I made my way towards them. "Jack! Gibbs!"

Jack's eyes lit up. "Cordelia!"

"Well blow me down, it's Cordelia!" Gibbs exclaimed.

Before I could reach them, a handsome man with dark brown hair and brown eyes stood in front of me. He narrowed his eyes. "What business do you have with Sparrow?"