Chapter 15: Midnight antics

"Do you wanna get out of here?"

"What the fuck...get out of my room!" Jasper whisper shouts as the man sat crossed legged on his bed. He puts the apple pie on the side table, along with his phone.

"How do you sleep with that noise?" Thomas says, completely ignoring the request by Jasper to leave.

"What noise?" Jasper says, brows furrowed.

"That." Thomas replies, pointing in the direction of the door, the faint female sounds of "yes, yes, yes!" Floating in the breeze.

Jasper shakes his head. "Whatever. That's your sister not mine." He points out.

"Exactly." Thomas raises his palms upwards as if to make his point. He then jumps off of the bed. "Do you wanna get out of here?" He begins to walk close to Jasper, who takes a step back.

"No. I want to eat my pie." Jasper says, pulling the plate from the side and gathering up some on a fork, ready to shovel into his mouth. As he is about to devour it, Thomas swoops in, pulling the pie off the fork with his teeth, before grinning with a mouthful. "You pig." Jasper raises his quiet voice a little at this man's braisen actions. He turns his back on Thomas, in order to shield the plate from him, now discarding the fork and shoveling the pie into his mouth in one go.

"Ah come on." Thomas chides. "Didn't your mother not teach you to share?"

"No." He says with his mouth full. Jasper doesn't turn around until the pie is gone. Thomas sits back on the bed. The room again goes quiet, with the only sound being the uncomfortable one of their relatives having sex in the next room.

"So...Thomas clears his throat. "Shall we exit via the window?" He gestures towards the opening, raising an eyebrow.

"Why?" Jasper says, turning around, now with an empty mouth, the pie eaten.

Thomas again points to the noise. "Because of that."

"No..." Jasper continues. "Why are you here, really?" He folds his arms. Interested in what Thomas will say.

"I'm...I'm sorry." Thomas mumbles, looking down at the floor, rubbing the bottom of his shoes on the floorboards making a shushing sound.

Jasper lowers his arms to his side. Did he hear that right? Thomas apologising? "What exactly are you apologising for?" He asks, he was going to milk this for all it was worth.

Thomas blows out his cheeks, letting out a huge blow of air. "I shouldn't have teased you, you know, at the lake." Thomas looks up at Jasper a little sheepishly. Before continuing. "If you haven't figured it out already, I like guys and I like to have fun, sometimes I just don't know where to draw the line."

Jasper takes in the words. He guessed it helped a little with how he was feeling. It was nice to at least get rid of the feeling of hate towards Thomas, just a fraction. "Well I guess I'm sorry for hitting you then." Jasper sighs. Thomas looks up smiling back.

"So...shall we get out of here?" Thomas asks again.

"Sure." Jasper agrees, pulling a hoodie on over his top half, not bothering to change his pj pants and pushing his feet into his vans before heading to the opened window.

Thomas is the first to make his way to the bottom of the tree, with Jasper closing the window behind him before climbing down himself. Now both on solid ground, Jasper looks at Thomas, lit up by the moonlight. His usual bare torso covered with an oversized sweater. "So where to?"

Thomas walks over to the farmhouse wall by the tree where a push bike was resting against it. He pulls the bike towards him, getting astride the bike before saying, "Hop on and I'll take you."

Jasper looks at the man on the bike, assessing whether it would be a good idea to get on the back. "Come on." Thomas reinforces. Jasper takes a breath and heads towards the back of the bike, sitting himself on the seat, and holding onto it's sides for dear life as Thomas stands up to pedal.

They only get so far down the bumpy track before Jasper calls out as quietly as he can, "Woah Woah." He was most definitely going to fall off at this rate.

Thomas stops the bike and turns to look at Jasper. "What is it?"

Jasper curses himself for having to ask but has to, for his own safety. "I need to hold on to you." He says, a little embarrassed.

Thomas just smiles widely and deliberately wiggles his backside at Jasper. "Grab a hold." He says before looking straight ahead again.

Jasper looks at the short clad behind, reluctantly placing his hands on Thomas' waist. "Ready?" Thomas asks again.

"Yeah I'm ready." Jasper replies. He may be physically ready but is definitely not mentally ready for what Thomas had in store.