Chapter 39: First bite

"Fuck that's huge!"

Jasper was surprisingly feeling quite relaxed as he and Thomas sat next to each other in the rowboat, one facing out one side, with the other one looking out the other way. 

Time strangely felt like it was standing still but at the same time, seemed to fly. Thomas glances to his side to see Jasper looking at peace as he gazed across the lake, fishing rod resting by his leg as his chin sits on his upward palm, as if in deep thought. "What are you thinking?" Thomas asks out of interest.

Jasper sits up a little, letting his arm drop down. "Oh...just my grandma. She would love to have seen me do this kind of thing, but I never took an interest, I never paid much attention to what she liked, what made her happy, yet she always took the time to learn all my interests."

"What? Your grandma liked to fish?" Thomas looks at Jasper a little surprised.

"Yeah she did, but...well I'm a city boy as you call it and I guess you're right. I'm not cut out for this life, but right now, this is nice...Thanks for this." Jasper looks at Thomas and smiles, planting an unexpected kiss on Thomas' lips. 

Thomas smiled warmly at the younger. "My pleasure." 

Their heartwarming gaze is distracted by a sudden wobble of the boat. Thomas looks to Jasper's side, to see the fishing rod pulling slightly at the tip. "Hey look!" He shuffles around in his seat to face the same way as Jasper. "I think you've got a bite." 

Jasper looks at the fishing line going taut and quickly grabs the handle in hurried panic. "What do I do, what do I do?" 

"Reel it in!" Thomas says in eagerness. 

Jasper grabs the handle and starts to wind the line in, but is struggling with the momentum. "Shit! It keeps sticking!" He complains with frustration. This causes Thomas to leap into action, standing up in the boat and leaning over Jasper's shoulders. Now two sets of hands are working on reeling in whatever they had caught on the end of the line. 

Slowly they are winning the battle, as something seems to be dancing around just under the water's surface, eventually making its way to the boat's edge, with it finally landing in the boat. "Fuck that's huge!" Jasper says, eyes wide at the fish nearly the size of one of his thighs. 

"You caught a whopper!" Thomas says, a little out of breath from the mini excitement. "Not bad for your first go. Your grandma would be impressed." 

Jasper smiles at the thought, hoping that she would actually be smiling down at him from wherever she was. "What do we do with it now?" He wonders, not even sure if he wants to touch it at present as it thrashes around a little in the hull of the boat. 

"I'm gonna cook it for us!" Thomas says as he takes a pole from the fishing box and hits the fish on the head, making it still.

"Shit Tom! What are you doing?" Jasper jumps nealy out of his skin as he watches Thomas strike two more blows to the now very still animal.

"I have to do this Jas, it's not going back in the water and I don't want it to die a slow death!" Thomas now picks up the fish and rests it in the box. Jasper decided that he definitely did not like fishing.

Thomas puts away both their fishing rods and sits back down in the boat and smiles at Jasper. "Ok, your next part of the afternoon is about to commence. He looks over Jasper's shoulder at a small area of land sitting in the centre of the lake. "Take us to that island behind you."

Jasper peers over his shoulder to see a clump of trees on the small dot of land. He looked back at Thomas. "Are you gonna hit me with a pole like that fish and dump my body there?" 

Thomas smirks. "I am not gonna kill you, but if spanking is your thing?" 

Jasper is rendered speechless but still manages to find the oars and silently row to what he now would deem as fantasy island.

***

Jasper feels a little useless as he sits on a large stone. He has so far watched Thomas light a fire, set out a picnic blanket, lay out the food from Molly's hamper and now Jasper was watching Thomas hang the caught fish over the open flames. Jasper never thought of himself as being the kind of person people would look after, but Thomas seemed happy to do it and Jasper would have been clueless about most of it anyhow.

Thomas finally sits down next to Jasper, looking at the younger with a slightly concerned smile. "Are you ok?"

Jasper takes a relaxing sigh. "Tom this is really nice. All of it. I've never felt this special before." 

Thomas runs his hands through the side of Jasper's hair. "You are special Jas. Very special." Thomas leans over and kisses Jasper's forehead. Leaving a slightly dizzy feeling to Jasper's senses, or maybe it was the smoke?

"You know this fish will take at least 2 hours to cook." Thomas says biting gently on his lip."

Jasper looks at the older, his eyes squinting slightly.  "Mm? Well what do you suggest we do in the meantime?"

Thomas edges a little closer to Jasper and leans in to catch his lips, pulling away prematurely before Jasper is ready, only to speak softly and low in his ear. "How about I fuck you now?"