Trollhunting

This story doesn't begin right away. Only a few days after, right when Jim visited Strickler for the first time and he spotted the Amulet Of Daylight. His eyes became saucers at the sight of them.

And he wasn't the only one. A senior girl, one with short dark brown, slightly curly hair and bluish-green eyes, not big but not skinny and fairly tall saw it too as he left the office. She was presenting as 18, so she could leave the school without many problems, but she knew it would be much faster to simply teleport.

So, she found one of the empty broom closets and in a flash of pink, she was gone from the school and in her place of work and home.

"Welcome to the GDT Arcane Books, lovelys," Came a voice from below. She was up on the second floor and she hoped that he wouldn't come up here with others or that they had seen her pink flash.

Thankfully, she knew where a certain glasses wearing cat liked to nap this time of day. Keeping her head down as he continued talking, she snuck to the window that had the best bit of sunshine in the afternoon.

"Psst!" She whispered. "Psst! Archie. Archie. Arch!" She shook him gently. He didn't move or make a sound. She groaned and rolled her eyes. "Wake up, you damn cat!"

"Actually, he's a familiar, love," said the same voice that had just been downstairs a minute ago. The girl whipped around with a hand on her heart.

"Douxie!" She exclaimed.

"Angel, what are you doing here?" Douxie asked, worry a small feature on his face. "Isn't school going on right now? What would make you risk exposing yourself-"

"I saw it!" Angel said, a bit too loudly. She seemed a bit out of breath like she had just sprinted instead of teleported. "The- the amulet. I saw it!"

"Calm down, love," Douxie said, putting his hands on her shoulders. His hazel eyes bore into hers kindly. She took a breath. "Where did you see it?"

"At school. This kid, Jim has it. It was sticking out of his bag, glowing bright blue." Douxie pulled back in surprise. Whatever he was expecting, it wasn't that. He put a palm to his head and hand on his hip and breathed out heavily. Trolls could take care of themselves easily and most were taught to be fighters from a young age and trained for centuries. Hell, the last trollhunter had a son at the battle with the first trollhunter.

But a human?

"A-and you're sure-"

"Yes, I'm sure, Douxie. I've seen it on every trollhunter so far. At least, for the past few years I've known about this. And no, there is no way it was a phone either. I know the difference between new phone and ancient relic."

"Ok, this is new," he said. Then he glanced down the stairs. "I-I need to get back to work and you need to get back to school. And I don't care that you're 30 years old. You choose to go undercover there." He had a smirk as he said that last bit, like he just shut down her entire argument.

"I know I saw a changeling there. I just, don't know who." An embarrassed blush coated her cheeks which made Douxie chuckle more. "Hey, how bout you try and find one without a Gaggletack!"

"Alright, love. Just get back to school and keep an eye on him." Despite his playful tone, she could still see and hear the unease he tried to hide. She brushed some of his blue tipped strands out of his eyes, causing his guise to fall.

"Hey, it'll be ok. The amulet chooses people for a reason, right?" He gave a small nod, his guard down, every bit of emotion showing at the lingering touch. His eyes were wide and puppy like.

"Then don't worry. And until he's properly trained, we help keep an eye at him." She winked. Douxie seemed ok with the idea, gently moving her hand from his face.