March 8

It's been 4 months since I confronted Jason. It took me some time to get over the incident. But I managed it just fine. I rearranged my priorities and thought about my decisions. I spend a lot of time with my friends and I also concentrated on my work. I saw changes in Jason after that incident. 2 weeks after our breakup he approached me.

"Jasmine, can I talk to you?", he asked me.

I was hanging out with my friends when he came to me. I looked up at him.

"What do you want?"

"Can I talk to you in private?"

"Nope. If you gotta say something just tell it right now", I said indifferently.

All my friends were looking at us. He looked a little uncomfortable by this. He tried to compose himself before speaking.

"I- I just wanted to know if you..... Do want to go out for a coffee or something?", he completed awkwardly.

"Are you asking me out?", I said raising my eyebrows.

"Yeah. I just wanted to try..."

"No", I said.

"What?", he looked confused.

"The answer is no. I don't want to go out with you", I said and then turned back to my friends.

Everyone looked at me in awe.

"Woah girl. You just rejected Jason".

"Yeah", I smiled.

Two weeks after that he asked me out again. And I rejected him again.

"I'm going to win you back Jasmine", he said.

"Okay fine. Keep trying", I smirked at him.

And then this became a routine. He asked me out every 2 weeks and I always rejected him. But during this period I saw him changing before me.

He kept away from Mia after that. He stopped flirting with girls. He didn't even look at them anymore. I saw him constantly staring at me. He started paying more attention to classes and started working hard.

He stopped being the 'cool guy' he pretended to be before. He wrote me sorry notes everyday. I still wasn't sure if I could trust him again. But I knew that he had understood his mistake and he was genuinely sorry. Just like my mother said, people make mistakes. All you need to know is that whether you can accept their apology and trust them again. I wanted to know that. And that's why when he asked me out almost a month ago, I said yes.

"What we had was so great that I was fool to let it go. Each day I saw you reminded me of what a big asshole I was.", he said on our first date

"You were too good for me Jas. And I messed it all up. I let you go. Now I'm going to give you the love you deserve"

"No girl can love me the way you did. I love you Jas. And this time I'm going to make sure that I do it right"

"I hope so. Don't make me regret my decision Jason", I told him.

We have been together for a month now. I've not regretted my decision and I'm sure that I never will. Jason has been the best boyfriend. Each time he looks at me, each time he calls my name, I can see how sincere he is. How much he wants this to work.

Today he took me to a live event by a band. We got there a little late as we stopped at a restaurant to have dinner. By the time we got there the concert was almost over. The band started playing the last song.

To be young and in love in New York City
To not know who I am but still know that I'm good long as you're here with me
To be drunk and in love in New York City
Midnight into morning coffee
Burning through the hours talking

Damn, I like me better when I'm with you
I like me better when I'm with you
I knew from the first time, I'd stay for a long time 'cause
I like me better when
I like me better when I'm with you

Jason held me tight and kissed me.

"This song is dedicated from Jason to his girlfriend Jasmine. He wants her to know that he loves her a lot", the band announced.

My mouth fell open. I looked at Jason in surpise.

"How did you manage that?", I asked him.

"If there is a will there is a way", he stated.

"Thank you", I whispered

"No. I should thank you. You gave me a chance even when I didn't deserve it. You made me believe that I could be good for you. Thank you for that ", he said.

"I don't-", I began.

"Wait I'm not finished yet", he said cutting me off.

"Thank you for making me who I am right now. Thank you for making me understand my flaws. Thank you for understanding and loving me in a way no one has"

"I want you to know that I love you more than I have ever loved anyone. I'm always going to be there for you. I'm never going to break your trust again", he completed.

"I love you", I said as I pressed my lips to his.

And from that moment I trusted him completely.

Love is not always about doing the right thing. Love is about making mistakes and learning from them. Love is about forgiveness. Love is about risking everything you have. Being in love doesn't mean that you are always happy or problem free. But it gives you the hope that you can overcome anything with the support the one that you love.

I am happy with the decisions I've made. So I don't think I will write this journal anymore. From today each day of my life should be special that I don't require a book to remember it. Bye.

            ************************