Chapter 1

"Pensieve"

Present, June 1993
~Alana's POV~

I shut the book shut as I here steps coming from the  hall towards my room, I stuffed all the books around me under my thick silk blanket and layed there pretending to be asleep

I shut the book shut as I here steps coming from the  hall towards my room, I stuffed all the books around me under my thick silk blanket and layed there pretending to be asleep. I closed my eyes and reached out my hand to the lamp that was still on.

"Nox" then the light shuts off as I countered the spell. I pretended to sleep as the door creeks open and...

"HERZLICHEN GLÜCKWUNSCH ZUM GEBURTSTAG MEIN SHATZ!!!" Shouted Granky. "HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR LANA!" I heard pippin sang. " WOW 13 ALREADY?!!" Uncle Krafft's voice I heard. And so much more cheering from the maids and followers.

I sat up rubbing my eyes pretending to be sleepy as if they startled me as they come in with a big elegant black and gold marbled cake. "You guys shouldn't have!" I cried, as my granky squeezed me into the biggest warmest hug.
"Ouhhh pumpkin! We do this every year and it will keep on happening till your grandkids joins us!" Granky said then kissing my head as usual. "Now now make a wish and blow out the candles" Said pippin.

I fold my hands and shut my eyes. A deep breath I took before I blow out the candles pooofff! "Yeayyyy!!!" Everybody cheered. "Happy birthday my luv!" Granky said hugging me and kissed my cheeks one last time before he commanded everyone to leave the room as I was "woken up of rest". Everyone exited the room bringing my cake with them leaving me and granky in the dim lighted room alone. "Hmmm a diary..." he said reaching out to the book that had fallen off my bed. I didn't even realized it. What a fool! "I was reading and writing it before I head out to sleep, it's pretty weird but fascinating you know how muggles also write their days down on a book... just like wizards with pensieve!" I lied.

"True, sad yet fascinating, well this is yours now go straight to bed." He said as he placed the book on top of my night lamp desk and tucked me into bed.
"Granky? Now that I'm 12 May I asked something?"
"Anything..."

"Can I have my own wand??? I'm practically responsible enough to have one." I begged.
"Hmmm I'll think about it, anything else you want for your birthday? Givenchy? Dress? Louis Vuwedt?? Yeah whatever you call it? Any useless mudblood objects?" I giggled .
"Mudblood objects? Really granky...hahahaha nothing in particular really. Anything you wish for me to have bet it'll look pretty on me. I mean you are the great Gellert Grindelwald you have a great taste for a hundred and ten year old granky!" He broke a great laugh that I haven't been seeing for couple of months. He then pet my hair then walk towards the door.

"Ouhhh granky! You know how you hate me reading and writing my diary till late at night?" I asked before he leaves. "Yeah what about it? And no if you're gonna ask me to stay up tonight, we have a party for you today, you need to be as fresh as a lily!"
"No... I mean what about a pensieve? So that I could cherish all my memories even more than just a bunch of words..." I answered well more like begging.