Chapter 18

"Ethereal"

"I like you, I really do...not JUST in that way... I think we can be more..."

~Alana's POV~

The week of the ball... another bloody ball. For 14 years I've at least had 30 balls attended and 10 balls that I planned.

"I'm getting sick of this..." I sighed.

"What do you mean?" Theo asked while he played with my hair as I rest my head on his lap. We were sitting on the sofa of the common room where the gang would usually hang.

Theo and I have this special bond in a way. I know for a fact he doesn't see me just as a girl but more as a sister. That idea makes me comfortable to express my feelings and thoughts to him rather than the rest.  Daphs can be too expressive and she doesn't really care about things if she's not involved but her grand reactions always cheers me up. Pansy has been avoiding me this year she would not accept my invitation to study together nor to Hogsmeade together. Blaise he can be deep sometimes that's what I heard from Daphs but I've never experienced it myself all I know is that he's a blabber mouth just like.... Draco. And don't get me started on that boy.... I can't even.

"Balls, dresses, crowds, music... all those." I replied.

"Don't you like those things luv? What's the matter?"

"Yeah it's fun and all until you realise that you've been doing it for years over and over again! I'm so tired and bored of it Theo! Until and unless they have great music playlist goin on don't expect to see me a lot!" I spat sitting right up curling into a ball.

"Ohhh That's why..." he teased with a smirk. I can't when people with unclear reasons tease me. I turned defensive in a way.

"What do you mean with that?!" I spat sitting straight up all grumpy, pointing at his face smirking happily.

"You're lonely sweetheart! I mean ever since you set up Draco and Pans she has never left him alone, and Daphs with her constant bickering with Blaise that leaves us alone...You know I still wonder why you denied coming to the ball with me? Or anyone? Is there someone else you wish to ask you?" He explained.

Yes it's true, I've received at least 12 or more, idk Ive lost count, invitations to the ball. 5 Durmstrang students, I don't know them so am not interested! And others from Hogwarts... Cedric Diggory the Triwizard Champion was one of 'em. And he asked in the most extravagant way.... Flowers and stuff, I was just glad Malfoy wasn't around to turn him into a keychain.

"Number 1. Yes I guess It gets lonely we used to be a group together all the time, but actually I enjoy it quite lot having just you around. 2! I'm sorry I denied you Theo but even I'm considering whether I should go or not!" I replied putting on my serious face.

"Yeah... and you expect me to believe that!" He said with a smirk as he moved towards me making our faces inches away. Side to side our faces were, for that split second I remembered a glimpse of my dream about Draco and I realised.... Yeah I am lonely but it's more about...

I miss him...

I miss his loads of stupidity... how he would just enter to my dorm at night to tell me how annoyed he is by Harry's popularity! Doing push ups. Yes! Push ups in my room! Entering my walk in closet and just staring at my numerous clothes.