56

Jackson has decided he will never fly again unless it's first class.

An absolutely euphoric high descends upon Jackson as he sinks into his plushy, first class seat next to Wes. Of course, they bought first class only because they would arrive in London just in time for Sunday's morning convention, and so they both had to sleep on the flight. He takes Wes's hand and sighs.

Jackson had no idea how grand and important this business convention was until he realized that apparently everyone from Connelly Enterprises has been invited, including Jack. When Jack had learned Jackson was going to the convention as Wes's plus one, he was ecstatic and texted Jackson several times. He was even more enthusiastic when he realized Wes was arriving a day later just for him. Jack did casually imply that rumors about their relationship were whirling within the company and beyond, but Jackson just chalks it up to the classic nature of the Ice Court.

He doubts everyone else will be so happy as Jack at his unexpected showing. Sofia de Luca's last warning crawls in his mind briefly, but then he looks at Wes, and feels content knowing that it's not Sofia here beside Wes, but Jackson.

All in all, the trip hasn't started off too badly, and they land after one stop in Newark Airport and a fitful amount of rest. They check into the hotel―this time Jackson will stay in Wes's room―with four hours to spare before the day's events begin, and they both take a much needed nap.

"You can sleep through these lectures. I'll come by in three hours to get you for the luncheon," Wes says, kissing Jackson's cheek, who had been dreaming about repeatedly missing a goal because he was kicking the soccer ball while blindfolded, and Wes was touching his neck and it was very distracting. It turns out that Wes had actually been stroking his back to try and wake him up gently to tell Jackson that he's leaving.

"Should I wear the suit?" Jackson asks groggily.

"Not until tonight. Business casual for the luncheon," Wes says, and leaves.

By the time Wes returns from the meetings to pick Jackson up, he feels much more awake and also freshly showered. He's wearing a white button down and nice grey pants.

"You smell nice," Wes says as they walk down the hallway to the elevators, his hand at Jackson's elbow. "Other people will also be bringing plus ones, so you should find people to talk to if my business conversations bore you. Although I must warn you," Wes says, and he glances around as they have entered the main lobby and anyone could be nearby, "this is a male dominated field at the moment."

"So what you're saying," Jackson says under his breath as they follow the signs that point to the banquet room where the luncheon is being held, "is that I'm going to be talking with the wives."

"That's one way of putting it," Wes mutters. "But yes."

"And?" Jackson challenges.

"And nothing." Wes smirks at Jackson before pushing open the large double doors into the banquet room. "Just don't seduce any of them."

Jackson grins. "Don't worry, honey, I only have eyes for you."

They walk inside to a large square room with a vaulted ceiling. Cream silk streamers decorate the perimeter, and several tables covered in cloth hold large platters of a variety of foods. Jackson eyes a platter with brownies sprinkled in powdered sugar.

"And we're off," Wes whispers just before a stooped man with thin glasses and a cleanly pressed dress shirt approaches, his wife beside him, bright red lipstick the only colorful accent on her pale, white face.

"Weston, delighted," the man says gruffly, though he does smile.

"Same to you, Errol," Wes replies, shaking his hand.