Chapter 27

I finally got around to actually going shopping for myself. Since Jack mentioned it, I started keeping an eye on that virus and the CDC's gotten involved now. It's odd to me to think that this is now becoming a pandemic. The CDC wants us all to make sure we wash our hands and take precautions.

Jack and I have gone out to pick up a few things for me, but this time I'm alone and I've made it a sort of mission. I have to spend at least five hundred dollars today on things for me. No getting anything for Cortez... but if I do it doesn't count.

I don't know where to start. I try to think of a place, but just end up at one of the huge shopping centers with Tezzy.

The thing is, I don't know me anymore. I don't know what I like besides for spending time with Jack and caring for my dog. I don't have any hobbies besides for reading and I have a couple books already awaiting me.

We wander around and I try to think of things I used to do.

I remember having a skateboard... I remember that's how I always wanted to travel; even to and from school.

There's usually a skate-shop inside these malls and after a bit of searching, I find it.

The walls are covered with boards of different shapes and artworks and styles. I remember my favorit board being the classic. It wasn't the best board in the world, but that was okay. I wore that one out so bad that it snapped in half the last time I rode it.

Looking over the deck-art, nothing sticks out to me. There's some colour-schemes I like, but then I don't like the picture or words. Or I like the picture, but the colors are way out of my taste.

"Hey, anything I can help you with?" The employee asks, having finished changing wheels on a board.

"Yes, please." I glance back at the wall. "Are there any other designs?"

"All depends what you're into."

If only it was that easy, I think to myself. I tell him the elements I like on the ones out here.

"Hmm... I could probably take a look at what we have in the back, but we have a couple blanks too if you wanted to make your own design if you're the artsy type." He suggests.

I tilt my head slightly, intrigued by the idea. "What would I need to do that?"

I end up spending about 250$ on the board, an alternat set of wheels, and the stuff for the project.

So I've spent half...

"Tezzy, this is hard. Maybe I shoulda asked Jack to come." I sigh, glancing around some more.

Jack coulda reminded me of things I used to like. Pointed out things he remembered me doing or having interest in. I don't have all that much recollection of my old self in that reguard.

My eyes catch on a lingerie store and I bite my lip, a thought poping in my head.

I need some new underwear... and plus the private conversation with Jack comes to mind.

When it does come down to doing the dirty dead with him, I want to be wearing something nice... it'd be nice to have something new and more classy than my worn out Walmart bra and mis-matched panties.

Plus, usually that stuff's expensive. So it shouldn't take much longer.

"Well Tez, I guess we're doing some underwear shopping too." I bend down and pat his head.

"May I help you?"

I startle a little when the employee comes over. I take a deep breath, looking over the wide selection.