Chapter 19

It's gonna be the third time we get Lavy  and we're gonna be keeping her for the whole week. I'm soo excited. This little girl is such a sweet baby and she's already got a piece of my heart.

Gabby brings her over as per usual and Jack hands her to me while he takes the baby's travel bag downstairs to the room. In that time, Gabby actually comes over to sit with me as I carefully sit with Lavender on my lap on the couch.

"Hey, I don't wanna come off as weird or anything but I was wondering if you had any social media accounts...?"

I look up at her in surprise, then shake my head. "I don't. I haven't had any for a few years now, actually." I answer truthfully.

"How come?"

I shrug. "I donno. I guess I was tired of being targetted over it. My last boyfriend really hated that I had any of them. So I deleted them all."

It's true. Kyle would go through everything I posted on every account I had and criticize it. He'd make me take down some of them, while he'd insult me over others until I would take it off myself. In the end I just deleted them all.

"Ah... so why haven't you made some new ones? You know, since you're not with that guy anymore."

I purse my lips, thinking for a moment. "I don't really know. I've never really thought of it. I tend to have a lot on my mind and I guess that wasn't something that came up before."

"Well, if you do make something, let me know. Maybe I can follow you and we can get to know each other a bit more."

She offers me a little smile before standing up and saying bye-bye to her daughter. She says goodbye to Jack as he comes back up and then lets him know what time she'll be back.

"I love seeing you and Lavy getting along." Jack says as he sits down with us. "My two gorgeous queens. Or my queen and daddy's little princess." He boops Lavender on the nose and she crinkles it up and giggles.

Sydnie comes by and "steals" Lavender for an hour and in that time, Jack convinces me to finally go in the pool with him.

I picked up a bathing suit and a bikini, but I'm unsure about wearing the later. I have marks on my body that I'm not exactly proud of nor comfortable showing. Though even in the regular bathing suit, a lot of them are still visible.

"Addy, I can wait upstairs for you to change if you want." Jack trails after a minute.

Jack hasn't even seen me topless yet since we've started this back up. I always go to the bathroom to change or change when Jack's not in the room. It doesn't seem to bother him and he's more then respectful about it.

"No... you can stay..."

He furrows his brows and rolls over in his office chair like a little kid might. "What's bothering you?"

"I uh..." my mind blanks for words for a moment and I try to come up with a good way to phrase it, "my body's changed and there's some things about it that aren't the same."

"That's okay." He reaches for my hand and takes it in his. "Things change sometimes."

I take a deep breath. I'm not sure he understands the severity of what I mean.

"I have some... harsh-looking scars now." I whisper, staring down at his hand.

He gently pulls me down onto his lap. He kisses me on the cheek lightly. "Scars don't change who you are, Addy. I love you. I'm not gonna promise you that I'm not gonna react to them, but I will promise that I love you no matter what marks are on you."

I look up into his face. He's being sincere, there's no doubt about that. I reach down and take both of his hands. I place them under the hem of my shirt and move them to rest on the sides of my stomach.

I feel his fingers smooth over my stretch marks. Those I'm sure he's already glimpsed, either from my shirt lifting when I reach up or what have it. I've tried treatments to make them heal and they've worked to a degree. He already knows the story behind those.

I guide them up. There's a patch on my right of pink, textured scarring there. He takes it upon himself now to catch my shirt and lift it over my head slowly.

His eyes scan me as he leans around. He takes in the lot of white-line scars, which those don't bother me in the slightest. Those ones fade away but the one on my side won't. The ones on my back from being scratched so deeply during one of the fights and having a broken beer bottle swung at me won't go away either.

Jack traces some of them, not quite touching them, but going around the edges.

"They look like they hurt..." he trails softly, a tenderness befalling him. "I'm sorry..."

"It's not your fault."

"It wouldn't have happened if I didn't leave." He answers. "You wouldn't have got hurt."

"Jack." I reach up and cup his cheek. "It's not your fault. I don't blame anybody, and especially not you."

He nods to himself a bit. "Okay."

I choose the bikini. It is a deep red. The bottoms are shorts, but with strings that I can tie up the sides with, while the top is more of a regular bra shape with little strings that sit over each breast from the middle of the breast to the top of the cups.

I pull down my shorts and take a deep breath. One of the most disturbing of my scars lay hidden on the inside of my thigh. One that makes me cringe every time I have to see it.

I don't point it out to him and instead change into the bikini. I can't quite tie it and Jack's quick to help me out. He smiles at me in his mirror and hugs me tight from behind. "You're so gorgeous, baby. Now lets get in the pool."

Jack runs up to Syd's room to let her know that we'll be outside and asks that when she's done with Lavy just to let him know.

During that time, Isla comes over while her mom's cleaning the barbeque. That's what she wants to make for supper.

Isla asks about the huge scar on my side. Really, it starts just under my boob down my right side to just below where my jeans sat that day. The pink stands out starkly on my otherwise warm-toned skin.

"Isla..." her mom looks over, probably about to tell her that it's not nice to point out those things.

"It's alright." I nod to them both as Jack comes out too with a couple towels. "I had got in a fight with someone once and he got mad. I was boiling some water and he ended up splashing it at me."

"He sounds like a jerk." She states.

I pause. "He was a jerk." I couldn't agree more.

We get in the pool. The water's nice and warm and it's really nice and relaxing. When Sydnie's done, she brings Lavy out dressed in an adorable little bathing suit. Jack gets a life-jacket and clips her in and brings her with us.