chapter 6

The weather was slowly getting colder, which meant that it was time for the first Hogsmeade trip of the year. I tumbled out of my bed, feeling excited for the day. Lily and Marlene were already at breakfast so I quickly pulled on my clothes and exited the dorm.

    it turned out I had overslept more than I thought, so I grabbed a piece of toast from the Great Hall and followed my friends back out the doors.

    As we walked to Hogsmeade Marlene was going on and one about some cute Hufflepuff girl she was meeting up with later in the day and the Marauders were planning all the shops they needed to visit on today's trip.

    I walked beside Lily, still half asleep, and feeling content to just listen to everyone else's conversations.

    "Sirius I swear to Merlin if you spy on my date I'll strangle you," Marlene glared at Sirius who was smiling mischievously.

    "If I just happen to be in Madam Puddifoot's at the same time as you-"

    "You're just jealous you don't have a date," Marlene interjected.

    "Oh Mar," Sirius grins. "I could get a date."

    "No, you couldn't Pads," Peter butted into the conversation.

    "Pete's right," Remus added with a laugh.

    "I would be surprised if any of you boys scored yourselves a date anytime soon," Lily remarked. Marlene and I laughed at that.

    When we finally reached Hogsmeade Marlene pulled Lily and I into the Three Broomsticks, as the boys ran off to Zonko's. 

    After Rosmerta took our orders we slipped into ort favorite booth, by the windows.

   "I seriously don't know if I'll make it to Christmas break," Lily sighed.

  "I love McGonagall, I mean I really do, but I don't think I'll survive another test in her class," Marlene said.

   "At least Defense has been easy lately," I remarked.

  "Yeah but Remus was saying he heard the next unit was hard," Lily groaned.

   "Did you guys hear that Alice and Frank finally started going out?" Marlene asked.

   "No way," I exclaimed.

   "I've always loved Alice," Lily added.

   "I want a significant other," Marlene complained.

   "Aren't you going on a date?" I laughed.

   "Yeah but I don't know if it will actually go anywhere." She sighed. "You guys can't talk you both have someone."

  "We do?" I asked.

  "Please enlighten me," Lily laughed. "I didn't know I had a boyfriend."

  "Well Lils you have James," Marlene started.

  "I do not!" She protested.

   "And Maude you have . . ." She paused. "You have Sirius.

   "Now you're really making things up Mar," I told her.

    She was giving me a mischievous look from across the table.

   "Marlene. No. We're not talking about this again." 

    "Oh but I think we should." She responded.

    Lily looked back and forth between us confused.

    "Um, not to interrupt but can someone explain what you two are talking about? Are we talking about the same Sirius and Maude here?" asked Lily.

    "Well, I think someone here may have a crush on our dear friend." Marlene spewed out before I could stop her. Lily looked at me surprised.