chapter 33

After three months of house hunting, and the last few hours of moving boxes, the Potters were successfully moved into a cozy home in Godric's Hollow.

  "Maude is that the last box?" Lily asked, looking up from the drawers she was organizing in the kitchen.

   "It is," I said setting the box on the counter. 

  "Thanks again for helping us with all this, I know it's just another thing for us all to stress about."

  "Don't worry about it." I smiled. 

  Lily sighed deeply. "Sometimes I wonder if I rushed into all of this too fast. If it would have been different without the war."

  "There's no point worrying about what might have been. The war is here and happening whether we like it or not. And you love James, right?" She nodded. "Then if you guys can be happy despite all of this, I think you should just focus on that." 

   "Thank you. I needed to hear that," Lily said.

   "Anytime."

  "How's Sirius?" 

   "Good. We're not perfect, but it's been good." I told her.

   "That's good to hear." 

    "Yeah." I agreed. "Hey, where did everyone else go?" 

   "Oh, right," Lily said. "Uh Sirius and James went for groceries and Marlene and Peter went home."

    Not even a full moment later the two men burst in the front door, each had an overload of paper bags in their hands. 

   "We're back!" James announced loudly.

   "Wait Prongs how many bags do you have?" Sirius asked his friend.

   "Six. How about you?"

    "Damn, we tied." Sirius, laughed, setting his bags down.

   "Are you serious?" James protested. "I really wanted that galleon."

   Lily walked over and scooped up all but three or four of the bags, leaving her husband and Sirius gaping.

  "I expect my galleon by tomorrow morning," She told James.

  "Yeah Prongs, pay up," Sirius grinned.

  "From both of you." Lily clarified. That sobered Sirius up.

  I laughed and grabbed the remaining bags from the entryway. As I helped Lily put the food away Sirius grabbed me from behind and rested his chin on my shoulder.

  "Hey," I turned and pressed a kiss to his hair.

 "Hey," He said. "I'm going to head home I think. Are you hanging out here for a while?"

  "If you could just wait until I'm done helping with the food, I'll just come with you."

  "Sure," He agreed.

  Fifteen minutes and a bumpy disapparation later Sirius and I were standing in our living room.

   "I'm starving," Sirius grumbled. "Would you eat pasta if I made some?"

   "Yes please," I lay down on our couch, enjoying doing absolutely nothing. In the past few weeks the only time we had at home, was spent sleeping. Order missions and meetings had taken up all of my time. I listened to Sirius moving about in the kitchen, watched the sunset out the windows, and sighed deeply. I felt myself drifting off when Sirius's voice called out.

   "Foods ready!" 

   "This is the best pasta I've ever had," I pointed at my plate after taking a huge bite.