chapter 52

"Sirius, Maude!" I woke to a loud knocking at the door.

"Hmm?" I groaned, still half-asleep.

Ginny Weasley pushed through the door.

"Oh sorry!" She exclaimed, her eyes landing on Sirius and I who were tangled together in his bed, thankfully we were fully dressed.

"No, it's fine. What's up?" I sat up rubbing the grogginess from my eyes and shaking Sirius awake.

"Um it's Harry, he's gotten himself in trouble with the Ministry."

"How?" I asked, getting out of bed.

"Well, I'm not quite sure, something about dementors."

"Dementors?" Sirius asked, finally waking up.

"Just be downstairs as soon as you can, he'll be here soon." Ginny headed back downstairs, her feet pounding loudly as she went.

"What's going on?" Sirius asked.

"I'm not completely sure. We should just head down there."

When we reached the first floor we were met with quite the commotion. Remus, Tonks, Moody, and Kingsley Shacklebolt were sitting at the kitchen table deep in conversation while Mrs. Weasley was trying her best to keep the kids out of it. I noticed Hermione Granger among them, she must have arrived last night.

"But Mum we want to know what's happened with Harry!" Ginny exclaimed.

"You will, but you have to wait!" Mrs. Weasley said giving her daughter a stern look.

Sirius and I slipped past the group of kids and sat down at the table with the order.

"What the hell is going on?" Sirius asked.

"Harry and his cousin were attacked by dementors, he used a patronus charm to ward them off. Because he underage he's in quite a lot of trouble." Remus explained. "He has a trial in a few days and he's been expelled from Hogwarts."

"Expelled?" Sirius asked, sounding quite angry.

"But he was just protecting himself!" I said.

"Yes, we know," Moody said. "Dumbledore thinks it might be resolved at the trial, but right now we have to focus on getting Potter to his trial."

"And how do you plan to get him away from his family?" I asked.

"That's what we were just discussing," Tonks said. "I just sent them a letter telling them they'd won some lawn competition. When they leave for it we'll swoop in and get Harry."

"We'll be taking a group in as a precaution, as many people that want to go," Kingsley said.

"I'm coming," I said. Kingsley nodded.

"Of course"

"Me too," Sirius said from beside me.

"I'm sorry Sirius but you can't," Tonks said offering her cousin a sympathetic look.

"But-" Sirius started to say.

"No Nymphadora is right" Tonks rolled her eyes at the use of her first name. "Sirius you will not be leaving this house. And that's final." Moody said.

"He's my godson. I'm going to help."

"Sirius the best thing you can do for him is to not get yourself caught," I said softly.

"Fine" He muttered. As Moody started talking again Sirius got up and stalked away. I wanted to check on him, but I knew I needed to focus on the plan right now.

•••

We spent most of the day planning the mission, Sirius spent most of it sulking.

"Okay is everyone ready?" Moody called out to the small group that had assembled to save Harry. Everyone nodded. "Then let's get going."

"Hey" I turned to see Sirius standing behind me. He was holding the back of his neck and looking rather guilty. "I was being kind of a prat today. Sorry about that, I just wish I could help more."

"It's okay, I understand" He smiled at me. "I have to get going I said inclining my head towards the waiting order members. "See you soon okay?"

I pressed a quick kiss to his mouth and made my way outside with the order. The minute we were outside of the protective enchantments we apparated away.

We appeared on the most boring street I had ever set foot in.

"Merlin this place is depressing" Tonks muttered from beside me.

"That's for sure" I responded, earning a small laugh from the younger witch.

We moved as a group towards the house in front of us. Number 4 Privet Drive. I heard someone murmur an unlocking charm and the front door swung open, revealing a dark living room. We filed into the room looking for any sign of Harry.

"Lower your wand boy!" I heard Moody call out, and I looked to see Harry standing at the top of the stairs, wand pointed at us.

"Moody? Maude?" He asked, sounding confused. He made his way down the stairs, pocketing his wand.

"Hey Harry," I said, smiling at the boy.

"How do we know it's really him?" I heard Moody asking Remus. I rolled my eyes at Moody's paranoia.

"Harry what form does your Patronus take?" Remus asked.

"Um, a stag but-"

"It's him" Remus announced.

"Why are you guys here?" Harry asked, looking around the room.

"To save you," Tonks said, grinning at the boy.

"Harry this is Nymphadora Tonks" Remus started to say.

"Remus, don't call me Nymphadora," She said. "You can call me Tonks."

"And this is Kingsley Shackelbolt," Remus said, ignoring Tonks's interruption. "And you already know Maude and Alastor."

Harry nodded, seeming a little overwhelmed by everything.

Harry was sent to pack his bags and soon we were ready to return to Grimmauld Place.

"How are we getting back?" Harry asked, looking around in confusion.

"Brooms" Mad-eye explained.

Five minutes later we were in the air, soaring towards London. Harry flew between Remus and I, and I could tell he was elated to be back on his broom.

Soon we reached the house and we set down in the empty street.

Harry watched in awe as Grimmauld Place revealed itself. Our group made our way inside and we were greeted by a very excited Mrs. Weasely.

"Oh, Harry dear! How lovely to see you!" Molly exclaimed, wrapping the boy in a large hug.

The rest of the order filed past and into the kitchen, getting ready for the meeting. A couple of seconds later Sirius strode out of the living room. A large grin on his face when he saw Harry.

"Sirius!" Harry exclaimed, rushing over to give his god-father a hug. I walked over to the pair.

"Where did everyone go?" Harry asked.

"The order meeting" I explained.

"The order?" Harry asked sounding confused.

"We really can't explain this right now. Sorry, Harry. I'll show you where Hermione and Ron are, they can explain."

"But-"

"Come on" Sirius and I helped him bring his trunk up the stairs and showed him to his friends before heading back down for the meeting.