Part 23

ELLEIGH'S POV

I woke up, looked at the clock and sighed, it was 7:54. I got out of bed and made my way downstairs to get ingrediants to make pancakes. Asi finished making them i heard someone running downstairs and opening and slamming the door, It was Josh's dad but he was holding something very big. Josh.

I ran out of the door and looked at the car, Josh's dad was placing Josh carefully in the backseat. I rushed upstairs to get some clothes on as Josh's mum ran outside to see what was going on, when i was ready i ran as fast as i could to the car and jumped into the backseat where Josh was, i sat down as he slowly rested his head on my lap.

"Elleigh" he groaned, and i ran my fingers through his messy brown hair

"im right here babe" i told him, looking into his eyes. Minutes later we parked up and Josh wason a gurney and was wheeled inside. Me and Josh's parents moved to the waiting room. We sat there for what seems like forever until a doctor came out to us.

"Mr and Mrs Franceschi? and Elleigh, i believe? we all stood up as the doctor came to us. " he is okay for now, but he could be passing sooner or later" The doctor turned to me "you can go and see him if you want, room 27 on your left" He said and i rushed down the hall bursting into the room. Although Josh didn't even notice me because he was so focused on whatever he was writing.

"hey" i said and he looked up from the paper and grinned.

"hey babe, whats up?" He chuckled

"whats up with me? you are the one thats in hostiptal" he laughed "what are you writing?" i asked, sitting on the side of the bed. He shielded the paper out of my sight and smirked.

"you are not allowed to read it yet" he said

"you are writing me a letter?" i asked and he shrugged forming a smallsmile on his face that gave it away "aww, you are! that is adorable" i kissed his forehead and he chuckled. " do you want me to call Matt to bring them lot over to the hospital?" he nodded, i started to leave the room to call him but Josh stopped me.

"come back here a minute" he said and i did as i was asked. He pecked my lips and nodded " okay you can leave now"

"really, Josh?"

"Whatt? i dont know how much more i would be able to do that. better get as much as i can" he smirked and i walked out of the room.

----

-EVERYONE ELSE ARRIVES-

"are you sure you want to do this?" i laughed and Josh nodded

"of course i do, when they bury me i want to look proper badass" he said as i mixed the dye

"babe, seriously you chose blue out of all of the colours?"

"blue is my favourite though" he said, i laughed

"okay" i wipe the dye into his hair and Josh gives a cheeky grin

"this is going to turn out so so cool" I giggled, i loved how he was so excited about it. When his hair was submerging into the blue dye i washed my hands and sat next to Josh.

" i have a request!" josh said

"your wish is my command"

" you know that phone case you have for your phone, that one which is in the shape of a matchbox with the words ' your going to die anyway'?

"yeah, what about it..?" i asked

"i want you to put the case on your phone for my funeral"

"Josh! no! imnot doing that, i cant"

"why not?" he pouted

"that thing is morbid"

"aw cmon pleasee, it would be funny"

"you have a twisted sense of humour" i laughed and got into the bed sliding under the covers. After 25 minutes we both got out and walked towards the bathroom.

I listened quitely to our feet pattering on the floor, accompanied by Josh's prosthetic clicking on the tile.

"josh, check your robe!!" i exclaimed, referring to the open gown, showing off his backside. He laughed.
"nothing you haven't seen before" he said

As we got back it was about 10pm and both really tired, i stayed with Josh the whole night because i didnt want to leave him at all alone. I want to be there when he dies. I tucked myself under the covers with Josh and i quickly fell asleep with my head resting on his chest, listening to his heartbeat, hoping it would beat forever.