001

◡̈ ◡̈ ◡̈

Avani's POV

"you're so annoying!" i yell as i slam my bedroom door. immature of a 17 year old, but whatever.

anthony was on my last nerve, as he has been for about a month now. i don't know when this switch occurred, but if we're together for too long we always end up arguing.

instead of sliding down my door, i flop on my bed dramatically.

this argument had to be the stupidest thing ever.

"avani, where do you want to eat?"

"alright well if you don't know we'll just go out with everyone else tonight."

"oh. i forgot it was our 5 months but"

"god, why is everything such a problem?!"

and then that's when i yelled and slammed my door.

i mean, it's our 5 month anniversary, he should know where i like to eat by now.

and he should remember our anniversaries.

i hear him slam things as well, and then he leaves. probably to go have dinner with all our friends.

i roll over, so i'm laying on my back, staring at the ceiling, contemplating life.

i shouldn't have been so difficult. but it's annoying that he isn't romantic at all.

it's like our time spent together means nothing to him. i'm not that special.

he really is a sweet guy who cares about me though.

i decide i have to be the bigger person, so i get dressed and ready to go meet up with our friends.

it'll probably be most of sway there. bryce, josh, jaden, noah. meaning i'll be the odd one out. great.

but i'm going to do it anyway.

i went with a simple white shirt and jeans and headed out.

◡̈ ◡̈ ◡̈

when i got there, the hostess took me to the table. as i suspected it was bryce, josh, jaden and noah plus nessa. nessa and i weren't really friends though.

anthony's eyebrows raise as i walk towards him.

i give a slight smile before realizing my mask was on.

i sit down next to him. this restaurant had couch like seats, so there was enough room. he looks at me expectantly. so this time i pull down my mask and smile. and he puts his arm around me.

i realize that this isn't healthy. we fight and we never talk it out. we just pretend like it's all good again. at some point, we're both really going to blow up and it's going to get ugly.

i start to hyperventilate. i had already been lost in my head while everyone else was enjoying themselves. but now i'm anxious and upset too.

"excuse me, i have to go to the bathroom," i say and get up abruptly. everyone's looks over at me, and looks a bit annoyed that i interrupted them. or at least that's what i think. my heart is really racing and i'm getting dizzy. as i start to walk away, anthony grabs my hand, pulling me and almost knocking me over. "ow!"

"i'm sorry, i didn't mean that. are you ok?" he asks.

"i'm fine, i'm fine. i just need to use the bathroom and get some air."

so i start to walk away, tears in my eyes. i almost make it to the bathroom when i walk right into someone.

"oh my god! i'm so—" a girl starts saying. "are you ok?"

this question sounded different coming from her. almost like she was actually concerned for me.

so i look up. "yeah i'm just—woah."

i can't even see her whole face, but standing in front of me is the most beautiful girl in the world.

◡̈ ◡̈ ◡̈

e.j.'s notes:
first chapter!
how we feeling?