010

◡̈ ◡̈ ◡̈

Cassandra's POV

i woke up early so that i could drop my letter off at the park before work. i slept better last night, although it took a while for me to shut my mind off.

work was pretty dull. i threw myself into the jacket i was making, and decided to only focus on that. to not let my mind wander to anything else.

and i did that for the next jacket as well.

i was about to start a third one when my mom said, "cassandra, you didn't take your break today."

i look up, and realize the time. it's just after 3.

"thank you for reminding me," i say, and start to leave.

my mom smiles and says, "great work so far. that second one is really beautiful."

it was a collection of purple patterns, and flowers and butterflies.

"thanks," i say and walk out.

i head to the park to check if avani received my letter, and if she left me a new one.

i climb up the tree and see my letter is still there.

my chest gets heavy and my mind starts spiraling.

what if she doesn't want to talk to me anymore? what if anthony found out? what if she's too sad to get out of bed?

all things considered, it's probably the last option.

so i pull up google maps.

i see the nearest flower shop is two blocks away, so i start walking.

i buy a huge bouquet of an assortment of purple flowers. some were deep purples, some were so light they were almost white. they were all different sizes as well.

and on the little note card, i wrote my phone number.

i walk back to the park and climb up the tree.

i put work on securing it in between the two little branches i usually put my letters between, and stick my letter in the bouquet.

i climb back down.

as i'm walking back i realize that the flowers were pretty visible and someone else might try and take them. but i hope for the best.

i hope they make her happy.

◡̈ ◡̈ ◡̈

e.j.'s notes:
i know this is short but 🥺