023

◡̈ ◡̈ ◡̈

Avani's POV

we walk up to the d'amelio house. i can tell cassandra is nervous, and i keep trying to convince her not to be.

i ring the doorbell, and charli opens the door.

she jumps and squeals.

"eeeee i'm so excited!" she says, and pulls us both into a big hug.

we go into her house and see everyone else.

i can see cassandra relax with every person who hugs her. she finally has a smile on her face.

"ok, so what do you guys want to do?" dixie asks.

we all look at each other.

"doesn't really matter to me," madi says. "i'm just glad we get to hang out."

we all smile.

"let's go to my room!" charli says. we walk up her really cool stairs and go to her room.

she turns on her t.v., probably looking for a movie. cassandra and i sit on her bed. dixie takes a seat in one of charli's chairs. madi just throws herself onto the floor.

"ugh why have there been no good movies in like five years," charli groans, and shuts off the t.v.

"personally i think it all went downhill after frozen," i hear dixie say.

we all laugh a bit.

"well, what if we just have a dance party?" charli asks. i look around and see no one opposing.

charli giggles and turns the t.v. back on. she then runs over and plugs in her little colored lights. not the led lights you hang around your room, but a projector type thing.

the whole room turns blue. the first song to come on is "feel so close" and we all immediately start to jump and sing and dance.

it definitely starts to feel like that scene from the vampire diaries. we're all pretty close and keep bumping into each other, but that just makes us laugh. madi pulls out a hairbrush and starts using it as a microphone.

"I FEEL SO CLOSE TO YOU RIGHT NOW," dixie screams/sings when the chorus comes on. charli is jumping on her bed.

i look over and see cassandra. just like earlier, she looks so free, so happy, so in her element. she has a smile on her face, and is taking in the whole scene, while still dancing.

cassandra looks at me. everything in me wants to fling myself at her. we keep breaking eye contact but looking back.

dixie is still belting out the song, so madi pulled out her phone to shine a flashlight like you would at a concert.

"AND THERES NO STOPPING US RIGHT NOW," i hear.

i look at cassandra again. she's a lot closer than she was before.

impulse. i really should've stopped myself, but i couldn't.

i grab her arm, i pull her close to me (as the goes "i feel so close to you right now), put my hand on her face and kiss her as the best drops.