003

◡̈ ◡̈ ◡̈

Avani's POV

we're only at the restaurant for about 30 more minutes. i didn't wind up having dinner. by the time i got back, they had already ordered.

"see you guys back at sway!" bryce says, and walks off with josh, jaden, noah and nessa.

i look at anthony.

he didn't seem happy to be separated from his friends.

"just say it," i challenge.

"what?" he asks, but i can tell he knows what i mean.

"oh come on," i say. i cross my arms.

"fine, fine. you know what?" he turns towards me and raises his voice. "i'm sick of you acting like i'm always the bad guy. you disappeared at dinner for 20 minutes, and it's going to be my fault."

"cause it is!" i yell back. people are looking at us now, but i don't care. "you left me on our 5 month anniversary to have dinner with your friends!"

"because you wouldn't tell me where you wanted to eat!" he's literally yelling now.

"because you should know by now!" i scream.

his hands go up over his head. i can't tell he's trying to hold back. his voice then takes an eerie, calm tone.

"get in the car. we'll talk about this later," we look around and see everyone's gone quiet. i see hollywood fix recording.

i wipe the angry tears from my face and get in the car.

this is going to be all over tiktokroom later.

anthony gets in the drivers seat, and sighs.

he pulls out and drives away.

the drive is silent.

my thoughts begin to echo cassandra. i can't stop thinking about her. she was right. we need to break up. this relationship is bringing out the worst in both of us, and we need to work on ourselves.

i was about to open my mouth to say something, but realize we're in a car and he's driving. not the best time to deliver news like that.

anthony takes a glance at me.

he sighs again.

"look, i'm sorry. i shouldn't have yelled like that."

"me neither," i give in.

"i'm going to start paying more attention to the little details. and i'm going to know you're favorite restaurant. i'm going to work on it. i promise," he says.

i look over at him, my mouth slightly open. 

and to think i was about to break up with him.

"ok," i say.

he smiles, and reaches over and grabs my thigh.

but then my heart stops.

obviously, this would usually make me get butterflies. or feel something.

it didn't. 

i swallow hard. i don't know what's happening.

◡̈ ◡̈ ◡̈

we get to the sway house. anthony gets out of the car and runs around to open my door and help me out.

i admit, that was cute.

he holds my hand to the door.

we walk in and everyone's looking at us. i'm assuming the video of us fighting is on the internet.

after a few moments, i say "what? are you waiting for us to start yelling at each other?"

i get nervous laughs from everyone. anthony too.

so much tension. it's unbearable.

"i'm going to the bathroom," i say. anthony starts to say something but i cut him off. "i'll be back in a few."

i walk into the bathroom. i need to clear my head, so i just sit on the floor and let my mind go blank for a few seconds. and then, it's all about cassandra.

i can't stop thinking about her.

◡̈ ◡̈ ◡̈

e.j.'s notes:
haha— toxic.