002

◡̈ ◡̈ ◡̈

Avani's POV

i had to take a moment to catch my breath, for multiple reasons.

"hey, why don't we step outside for a second?" she says to me. so i follow her out of the restaurant.

we get out and i can see the stars. i take a deep breath, and then look at her again.

"sorry for walking right into you," i say.

she laughs. she has a really cute laugh. "it's ok. i was more worried about you. you looked like you were crying," she says to me.

i look down. "yeah i was panicking a bit, but i'm ok now."

"do you want to talk to me about it?" she says, and sits on the curb.

"i don't know you."

"well you can," she says.

i hesitate, but walk over anyway.

"it's just— my boyfriend," i say with a sigh.

i notice she looks away for a second, but recollects and turns back to look at me. she has really pretty eyes. "and what about him?"

"well, today is our 5 month anniversary, and he didn't remember. he also didn't know where to take me to eat, so we wound up here with our friends," i say and she's nodding along. "but it's not just today. we keep getting into fights and yelling and then pretending like it's all ok when we know it's not."

i say this fast, like i can't hold these words back anymore. "and i know eventually i'm going to break. and he's going to break. and we're just going to explode at each other and i'm so scared for that to happen but we've forgotten how to communicate so i'm just preparing for it at this point. and while he's really sweet and he cares for me, i'm not even sure he loves me anymore."

i start to cry again.

she puts her arm around me.

i get butterflies.

that's not supposed to happen. i have a boyfriend.

"that's not very good social distancing," i say.

she laughs and responds, "we already walked right into each other. plus, we both still have our masks on. and this is important! i'm comforting you!"

this time i laugh.

"on serious note, this may not be what you want to hear, but you guys need to break up."

my head shoots up from her shoulder. she removes her arm from around my shoulders.

"what?! no, i can't do that," i say shaking my head.

"why not? clearly this relationship isn't working anymore. it would be better for both of you."

my face falls into my hands.

"you're right," i say, my voice breaking for a third time.

she puts her arm back around me.

"hey! avani!" my eyes widen and i turn around. i try to stand up quickly but fall again. the girl catches me.

anthony opens his arms in a "what's happening?" gesture, and i turn to look at the girl.

"i'm avani," i say.

"i know. i recognize you," she says.

i blush. thank god she can't see it under my mask.

"come on avani! i was worried about you. you can't just disappear like that, babe." he starts walking over.

"i'm cassandra," she says, and anthony pulls me away.

i turn around and see her still standing where we were, watching me walk away. i feel this pain in my chest. i shouldn't be sad about this, but i am.

and then i realize i never got her number or anything.

i turn around again and say, "cass—"

but it's too late. she's gone.

and then i sit back down next to anthony. everyone quickly asks if i'm ok, and then moves on with the conversation. anthony puts his arm around me again. but i don't feel it.

i don't want his arm around me anymore.

◡̈ ◡̈ ◡̈

e.j.'s notes:
teehee
also avani kept picking up on things like you can totally tell she's falling for her lol
but we are not gonna move that fast🤚

Enchanted ➜ Avani GreggOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara