027

◡̈ ◡̈ ◡̈

Avani's POV

i get back in the car, and think. 

she's probably at the shop right now.

i park about half a block away from the shop, and despite a new bounce in my step, i feel nauseous.

she wants to see me. i should be able to breathe right now.

i'm finally out front, and i look through the window.

i can see her painting. she looks so focused and determined. she looks passionate.

i love that she loves painting.

i don't know where that came from, but all of a sudden i want to hear everything she has to say about it.

i love this shop.

i love the clothes and jewelry cassandra and her mom design.

i take a look around.

all of a sudden i love this street.

i look back in the window and see her again.

i love her, and everything about her. everything she does. everything she loves.

all of a sudden she looks up and sees me. we both jump. we scared each other.

her eyes are wide.

i see her turn to her mom, speak to her and then walk towards the door.

now she's standing right in front of me.

"hi," she says. she doesn't seem mad.

i let out a breath i didn't know i was holding.

"hi," i say back.

we're both studying the ground. it's a little awkward.

a few moments later we both say "i'm sorry" "i'm so sorry" at the same time.

we both look up and laugh.

she opens her mouth to say more but i cut her off.

"don't," i say. "this is my fault. not yours. i should've broken up with anthony when we started thinking about each other differently. i should've talked it out with you before cutting it off every time i got upset over something stupid. i shouldn't have yelled at you. everything you said to me was justified. i'm sorry."

she gives a soft smile, and takes my hand.

"it must have been so hard, these past few months. i'm sorry you had to go through all of that. and i appreciate you coming to apologize. i was afraid you might not," she responds.

i nod. "i wasn't sure how i was gonna do it either. or if i was at all. this past week i was just contemplating everything."

i pause.

"but i figured out what i needed and what was best for me. and that was breaking up with anthony, making up with madi and fixing things with you."