017

◡̈ ◡̈ ◡̈

Avani's POV

"so...why don't you come in?" i say.

"ok. my neck is kinda hurting from looking up at you," she says and we laugh. "it's also making me feel really small."

"as you should you peasant," i say and straighten up. my voice now has a ring of authority in it. "you can stay down there."

"even if i'm really nice?" she says, and curtsies. and then she intertwines her hands, puts them on the side of her face and pouts. she gives me puppy dog eyes.

i debate with myself.

"how could i say no to that?" i say.

she laughs. "thank you queen avani!"

"hold on," i say.

i walk out of my room and into the hallway. i check everyones rooms and see that they're all asleep. we'll have to be quiet though. i don't want to wake them up.

i go downstairs and open the front door. i step out and go around to my window. she's still waiting there. i sneak up behind her.

"boo!" i say as loudly as i dare.

turns out she scares easily.

she squeals.

"shh!" i say, and put my finger over her mouth. but i'm already dying of laughter. i fall into her and she's still recovering from getting scared.

"that. was not. funny," she says, with a breath between each word. but i'm hysterically laughing, gripping her arm to stay up right.

"uh huh. laugh. very nice," she says shaking her head.

"i-i'm so—sorry," i say, gasping for air.

she's still shaking her head, but i see her start to smile. and soon she's laughing with me.

a few moments later, i grab her hand and start pulling her towards my front door.

"are you going to be quiet so we don't wake anyone up?" cassandra says.

"i'm gonna try," i say. to be honest, trying to sneak around my house in the dark might just make me break out laughing again.

we make it to the stairs.

"alright. some of them creak, so we'll have to be very quiet," i whisper.

"ok," she whispers back.

we get about half way up when i get the sudden urge to laugh again. i have to stop to recover.

"what?" cassandra whispers.

i shake my head and use my hand to try and motion 'nothing'. she raises her eyebrows at me.

"i feel like we're in a spy movie," i get out.

we both start giggling.

"shut up," she says.

i do the 'locking my mouth and throwing away the key' thing. she nods and smiles.

we get up the stairs and finally reach my room.

i slowly shut the door, and as soon as it's closed we both let out a sigh of relief.

"that was complicated," i say.

"yeah, only because of your fits of laughter," cassandra says and flops down on my bed.

i have no defense because i know it true.

"maybe next time you can try and climb through my window."

"i might fall and die."

"not if i catch you."

"how do i know you'll catch me?"

"because i will."

"that's not convincing."

"i promise."

"pinky promise?"

"pinky promise."

"you can't break that, you know."

"i know."

◡̈ ◡̈ ◡̈

e.j.'s notes:
i had fun writing this one.
i love their friendship.