015

◡̈ ◡̈ ◡̈

Cassandra's POV

i paced around and waited for a text the whole night.

nothing.

i didn't have her number so i couldn't text her first.

every day i went and checked the tree.

nothing.

i left her two letters last week.

both are still there.

i kept hoping i'd run into her again.

nope.

i checked all her social media's and tiktokroom for updates on her religiously.

all i've gotten is that her and anthony are now going strong, and that they've worked through their differences.

i'm absolutely crushed.

it's now august 24th. a monday. it's been two weeks since i saw avani in the park.

i'm working on a jacket. today it's a mix of blue, gray and black. and even though it's been two weeks, i catch myself getting teary eyed every now and then.

i hate this.

but all i really want is an explanation.

was it me? did i come on too strong? was it anthony? was she scared? is she happier now?

is she really ok?

i sigh.

"hey....hey," i hear my mom in the distance.

she's only three feet away from me, but i was very lost in my head.

"sorry," i say. and then i wipe my cheek, and realize i was actually crying.

"is everything ok, mi amor?" my mom asks.

i give a tiny smile.

"everything's fine," i answer.

"i don't believe you," she replies. i just shrug my shoulders. "look at how sad the back of that jacket looks. and i've seen two others like it!"

i look down. it really does look kind of sad.

i sigh again.

"i'm sorry," i say again.

she stops what she's doing and looks right at me.

"i can tell whatever it is, you don't want to tell me. i'm not exactly sure why, but i trust that you made the right decision. or, if it wasn't your decision, you'll know if you should try again or take a step back."

i think about it.

do i give up with avani? is she happy? does she not need me anymore? did she only want me when she was feeling lonely, when she needed a little love?