Chapter 20

It was that time again. Christmas break was right around the corner and (Name) could not stop dreading Christmas break. At the beginning of the school year, (Name)'s parents and Cedric's parents had arranged for the two former friends to go straight to the Diggory's house for the holidays.

Currently, (Name) avoided Cedric at all costs. Katherine had even spoken to Keith to keep Cedric away until today. Unfortunately now (Name) had to speak to him in order to get to her parents for the holidays.

The (Hair Color) haired girl sighed as she sat in the Hufflepuff Common Room with Katherine. She was writing her notes down in one of her journals that she bought for her Charms class.

"Hi." A familiar voice spoke causing Katherine and (Name) to look at them. There stood Cedric Diggory with his friend, Keith.

Cedric felt his heart pound as he saw the emotionless face that (Name) was portraying. He didn't mean to hurt her. He just wanted her to get along with Cho for him.

"Hi," Katherine spoke as she glanced at her best friend. She wanted to see how (Name) was feeling with Cedric around.

"Um, we can meet here at 7:30 am for the train. It doesn't leave until 8:30 am so we will have enough time to get there and get seats." Cedric spoke as he looked at (Name). He could still see the hurt that he had caused her a few weeks ago.

(Name) looked at Katherine and nodded. At the moment she didn't want to talk to Cedric yet. She didn't know if she would be upset or angry at him. She also didn't want her voice to give her feelings away.

"Okay, we will see you tomorrow," Keith spoke as he guided Cedric away. Hopefully, the pair would make up, or else this was going to be an awkward rest of the year.

~*~

(Name) laid her head on the window as she looked outside. She was currently watching as it snowed outside of the train that was taking her home. The (Hair Color) haired girl had said little to no words to the Hufflepuff boy. 

"I'm sorry." Cedric apologized once more. He was tired of the silence from his former best friend and he knew that his actions were not correct, so he knew that he had a lot of making up to do.

"Fine. You have the rest of the trip to show me how much you miss me and how sorry you are." (Name) spoke as she sternly looked at Cedric and crossed her arms.

Cedric smiled. At least she was open to a chance. "Deal."

~*~

(Name) walked around one of the corners in the Diggory household. She groaned when she hit the chest of Cedric Diggory of course. She glared at his chest and looked at him as she rubbed her nose.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you," Cedric spoke as he nervously chuckled. He felt his heart pound he did not know how (Name) would react. He sighed in relief as he saw the smirk on her face. The young male knew that she was about to play an enormous trick on him.

"So you didn't mean to talk to me or get me so we can spend some time together?" (Name) teased as she noticed the Hufflepuff smile. She knew that she had thrown the silver lining that he so desperately needed.

"You know that is not true," Cedric spoke as he ruffled his hair and his heart continued to pound. He was walking on thin ice and he could hear the cracking below his feet. He knew that one wrong move and he would lose sight of her.

"That's what they all say." The (Hair Color) haired girl spoke as she flicked her hair as she walked passed him. She knew that there was going to be a lot of work on their friendship as long as Cho Chang was out of the picture.