Chapter 2 - Bamboozled

Tap.... Tap.... Tap....

"Could you please stop tapping on everything? You're making me a nervous wreck," Angelo stated almost nervously as my finger nails currently drummed on the tire hump of the van in a very relentless manner.

My eyes narrowed at him and the tapping by me became more incessant. "Does that bother you? Does it bother you more or less than being kidnapped and ripped away from your life," I barked at him before drumming louder for added effect. After all, I was the one being held against my will here. I was the kidnapped one for crying out loud! I had every right to be annoying and mad as hell.

Tap... Tap... Tap....

"Will you two stop it," Gio barked from the front, sounding more like an annoyed father rather than a kidnapper mastermind. "Angelo, make sure her passport is in her purse and do try to make her look a bit more presentable please," he added, making my eyes narrow at the back of his seat.

My kingdom for some heat vision! I could just incinerate him right now!

Now I understood why they needed my honeymoon bag and my purse. Okay not really, I still didn't understand why they needed me to begin with. "I can groom myself, thank you," I spat hastily as I groped through my bag and grabbed a few necessities from it, such as a hair brush and wet naps. Angelo didn't bother trying to stop me, smart lad, instead he quietly began the search for my passport and ID. I could have helped him and told him exactly where they were, but being kidnapped kind of took the niceness right out of me. Imagine that. Plus, guys were never comfortable going through a females purse, his discomfort brought me a twisted sense of joy and satisfaction.

The van lurched to a stop again, this time though I braced for the impact, saving my head from another collision with the wall. A moment later the doors opened and I was being yanked out onto the concrete as someone hopped in and took my place in the back. Angelo hopped out with me as Gio hopped inside. This was like a crazy version of the fire drill game. "What the hell," I asked, but of course I wasn't granted a reply from any of the chumps that had kidnapped me.

After a few minutes, Gio hopped back out of the van and was now wearing a tuxedo. I could not deny the fact that he looked extremely delicious all dressed up, but I quickly came to grips with myself and the situation. It took a moment before I saw where this was going and it would have been comical if it weren't for the circumstances at hand. "You want ME to pretend to be married to YOU? Have you lost all sense completely," I asked through a sarcastic laughing fit.

Gio's jaw ticked as he stared down at me. "How would it look if a bride was in the back of a van," he asked in that husky voice of his. His arctic eyes narrowed at me as if challenging me.

Challenge accepted.

My lips curled into a sarcastic smirk. "Oh gee, I think it would look like she was kidnapped against her will," I retorted smartly as I looked up at him defiantly.

Gio's face showed that he was clearly not amused by me nor my statement. "If you say one word out of line to blow our cover, I will kill your whole family," he had bent down and said it low into my ear, making me shudder again. I was certainly not a fan of this reaction he had on me. "Give her the purse with the passport and her ID," he then stated to Angelo, who had gotten back into the rear of the van. A moment later he had handed over everything mentioned to me and gave me a weary smile.

With my purse in hand, I headed to the front seat with Gio, who had his gun pressed against my back as we walked. It was like he couldn't trust me, how unfortunate. Once he was sure I was securely buckled in with all my extra floof around me, he hurried over to the driver side and got in. "Could you have picked a bigger dress," he groused as he pushed the many layers away from him before he began driving.