Chapter 6 - Jetsetting

The storm outside only grew in intensity as we drove to a private airport, where we were escorted to a private jet. I shook my head at just how rich my abductors clearly were. "You guys are apparently filthy rich, what the hell do you need a ransom for," I asked as we ran towards the plane, while we were being pelted with rain and lightning light up the dark sky with brilliant streaks. We left the crew to load the bags, which made me feel bad, but I didn't want to get struck by lightning and it was their job.

Gio narrowed his eyes in annoyance at me. "Because, Princess, it's the principal of the matter. Your dad owes my dad money. As for Michael, well we just hate him for killing our cousin, so that's just a perk," he answered as we boarded the plane.

My eyes narrowed dangerously at him and his stupid nickname for me. "Stop calling me Princess," I snapped. I truly hated that nickname, it made me sound like a spoiled brat, something I certainly wasn't. "Where are we going anyway," I then asked as I laid down on one of the two beds that occupied the plane. Oddly enough, it was quite a comfortable bed and not like a rock as I was sure it was going to be.

At least I wouldn't have to try and sleep in a seat if the flight was long.

"Just know it's almost a thirteen hour flight," Gio then announced as if he had read my mind. That statement made me groan aloud. Thirteen hours was an exceedingly long flight and I wasn't sure myself or my body were ready for it. Thankfully I had nabbed a book from their library and had brought it with me in case I got bored, which was absolutely likely given the timeframe. Plus I had a bed for when I got tired, so maybe thirteen hours wouldn't be that bad.

Angelo immediately made himself comfortable in front of what appeared to be a giant television with a videogame console attached to it, while Drake took a seat beside Gio, so they could talk. A flight attendant then greeted me and asked if I wanted something to eat or drink. "Coffee please," I requested with a friendly smile. It was still early in the day, so sleeping wasn't really on the agenda for me, well for a while at least.

The storm still raged outside the plane and it made me worry for our fate. "Are you sure we are safe flying in this weather," I asked nervously as I was handed my cup of coffee and offered sugar and creamer. I nodded and requested French vanilla creamer and sugar before looking over at Gio with worry written all over my face.

"Trust me, Princess, we're quite safe," he stated with a crooked smirk that made my heart skip a beat and I hated it.

My eye twitched as he called me princess, yet again, but I didn't say anything. Hopefully if I ignored him and his stupid nickname for me enough, he'd stop using it. I instead focused on putting creamer and sugar into my coffee before moving over to a chair to enjoy it. Absently, I looked out at the storm and prayed we would have a safe flight. The pilot announced soon after, that we were ready to depart and moments later we were taxiing down the slick runway.

Once we were in the air and cruising, I moved to a chair closer to Angelo, who was playing Mario Kart. "Mind if I join in," I asked, gaining a big smile from him as he reached over and handed me a controller. I could feel a pair of eyes glaring at the back of my head, but I didn't care. Several games and hours later, I headed over to the bed to stretch out with a groan. Sitting for so long had made my body stiff and laying down felt like heaven. After grabbing the book from my bag, I began reading and popped my earbuds in to listen to some music. It didn't take long at all for my eyes to start to feel heavy and my head to feel drowsy with sleep.

I'm not sure how many hours I had slept for, but I woke up quite refreshed and slightly confused about my surroundings for a moment. "We'll be there in about three hours," Drake stated quietly as he glanced over at me from his seat.