Chapter 15 - Great a hurricane

As I sank into the tub, I realized one absolutely vital mistake on my part, I hadn't locked the bathroom door. I let out a groan and truly hoped that Gio wouldn't come barging in again. I hit the button for the jets to turn on and let my aching muscles get massaged one by one. After a few minutes of relaxation however, the door opened and Gio waltzed in, a very annoying habit of his that I was beginning to hate immensely. "Hello, there is this thing called privacy," I yelled as I made sure none of my body was visible to him.

He had the audacity to roll his eyes at me! "Hello, it's called a lock and you lacked the common courtesy to actually let me pee before you decided to play bathroom commando," he stated as he turned towards the toilet. "Manners, Princess. If there's only one bathroom, make sure no one has to go before you hog it," he added snidely.

My eyes narrowed at his back. "You could have held it for a little while or at least knocked before just strolling in. Manners also consist of not barging in on a lady while she's bathing," I yelled out as I quickly scampered to the other side of the tub so that my back was quickly turned towards him.

Gio chuckled from behind me and that made me grit my teeth. "Will you relax? You can't see anything and I can't see much of anything," he stated as he did his business. He then washed his hands and left.

Well, that just happened.

Shaking my head, I sank lower into the water and tried to relax once again. My eyes fluttered to a close for a few minutes before I noticed, behind my closed lids, that the lights had seemed to start flickering off and on. "Leave the lights alone," I yelled, before opening my eyes and realizing that Gio wasn't doing it, since he wasn't even in the room.

Clearly my first thought was that our villa was haunted, but I didn't voice that opinion aloud. My brows furrowed in confusion as I pulled the drain for the tub up, before wrapping a towel around my body and then one in hair. As I reached for the door, I was suddenly enveloped in complete darkness. "Gio," I yelled as I groped around blindly for the door handle.

Not a second later the door flung open, successfully slamming me right in the face. "Oh shit, I'm sorry," Gio said as he hastily pulled out his cellphone, turned on the flashlight and used it to check out my face. "Damn, I got you good, I think your forehead is probably going to need stitches. Unfortunately we have a pretty big problem," he then stated as he grabbed two washcloths and wet them with warm water. "Put this one under your nose," he added as he handed me one of the cloths then slowly lead me over to the bed so I could sit down.

My head was throbbing now and I was confused as to what was going on. "What's going on? What problem," I then asked slowly. For my visual answer, a flash of lightning suddenly illuminated the sky outside with a ton of brilliant skeletal fingers that stretched across the sky.

"There is a hurricane that is about to be right on top of us," he replied hastily just as the lights flickered back on. Gio wasted no time, he worked quickly to find a first aid kit. He then grabbed a bottle of bourbon from the mini bar and handed it to me. "Drink this fast," he demanded as he went back to searching for something he could use to stitch up my forehead.

Even in my panicked and slightly dizzy state, I remembered few things from college. "Alcohol makes you bleed more," I stated with a shake of my head as I pushed the bottle away. A huge tattoo artist by the name of Hog had told me that bit of information and I had never forgotten it.

Gio growled as he pushed the bottle back at me. "It also helps dull the pain. Not by much, but it will help in a pinch. Please just drink it and stop being difficult," he muttered as he grabbed a lighter from his bag and used it to disinfect the sewing needle he had found in a drawer. He then dipped the needle into the second bottle of bourbon next to him, before he lifted the bottle and dumped some of the liquid into the cut on my forehead, making me hiss in agony.