Chapter 25 - Letting Go

*Slight mature content in this chapter, please be advised. *

There was only so much I could take, but Gio was patient with me as we spent a week going over the will and everything that came along with my final goodbyes to my parents. We had packed up my stuff and shipped it up to the cabin for now, since we weren't exactly established in a home yet. However I knew that I had to sell my family home, the reminders were jdt too painful and they were all over the place. There was no escaping those memories, even with a whole renovation, so selling was my ultimate decision.

After three weeks, everything was mostly settled and we were finally able to go back home to the cabin. Drake and Angelo were waiting at the airport for us when we arrived. Snow was falling and it truly looked like a winter wonderland on the drive up to the cabin. The outside of the cabin was decorated so beautifully that the sight almost made me cry as we pulled up. "We figured that we'd get this decked out for you. Try and cheer you up," Angelo stated as he smiled back at me.

With everything that had gone on, I had forgotten that Christmas was right around the corner, quite literally. "You succeeded," I replied softly as I touched his arm and smiled gently at him. "Thank you."

Angelo grinned proudly as he said, "you're welcome," and proceeded to get out of the car to help get our bags.

"You need to be careful, the ground is icy," Gio announced as he got out of the car and almost slipped on a patch of ice himself, making me laugh softly.

He then helped me out of the car and held onto my hand. "Are you trying to take me down with you," I teased as he almost slipped again on another patch of ice.

As soon as we reached the porch, Georgio and Gabby opened the door together, both smiling softly. Gabby immediately opened her arms for me and I ran over to her, hugging her with so much intensity that I was afraid she may break. "Welcome home," she murmured softly as she rubbed my back in a soothing manner.

Home. That word stuck out so much, because this was home. Not the place so much, but the people. They were family to me and I loved them as much as my own blood family. They were my home in every sense of the word.

"Thank you," I breathed as she passed me over to Georgio, who surprised me with a strong warm embrace as well.

"Can we get out of the cold, my bal-.. I'm freezing," Drake stated, correcting himself before Gabby slapped him, I'm sure.

We were ushered inside and set in front of the fire, which I was not opposed to, because it really was freezing outside. They had finished decorating the whole inside of the cabin as well and made it look like an absolute winter wonderland, making my heart happy. As an unexpected surprise Francois came strolling into the livingroom with a tray of hot chocolate for everyone. Taking my own mug of hot chocolate, I glanced at Gabby who looked as smitten as a kitten at her beau. "So you'll be staying for Christmas," I asked him as he sat down beside Gabby and took hold of her hand.

"Oui, Gabby and I decided to see where this relationship can go," Francois replied, grinning as wide as the Cheshire Cat.

I shot a grin to Gabby before taking hold of Gio's hand. Christmas was already a week away. "I need to go into town tomorrow, I haven't done any Christmas shopping," I then told Gio as I looked over at him and smiled slightly.

Gio nodded his head at that as he gave my hand a squeeze. "Of course," he then replied, before kissing my cheek. He then sipped his hot chocolate as he gave me a smile.

After a few hours of talking and catching up, we had a very filling dinner, before Gio and I called it a night and headed up to bed. Smiling as Gio came out in his cute flannel pajamas, I pulled him down on top of me. "I'm sorry I haven't been too attentive to you lately," I said as I gazed up at him.