Chapter 17 - Swimming with the fishes

After a few more uneventful days of Giovanni trying to keep me occupied and me getting used to sleeping with a naked man in my bed, I begged Gio to take me out to do something. "Come on! You kidnapped me and dragged me all over the globe, I swear I feel like Where In The World is Carmen San Diego. You owe me some fun," I whined, but it was the truth nonetheless.

Gio's icy eyes moved up to my face from the board game we were playing and he heaved out a heavy sigh. "Alright fine," he replied, "but, if you start to feel sore or overexerted, we are coming right back to this villa," he added with finality.

I rolled my eyes as he stared at me, waiting for a reply. "Okay Dad, can we go now," I replied, making him roll his eyes in reply.

The weather was absolutely beautiful-  there was not a cloud was in the sky and the temperature was a nice and balmy ninety degrees with a million percent humidity. We headed over to the concierge desk and they proceeded to give us a list of activities the hotel offered for us to look over. "I definitely want to book a massage for tomorrow," I stated. I wasn't asking permission and that made Gio roll his eyes, yet again, before nodding his consent to the concierge, who began booking it immediately.

"You know what? Make it a couple's massage," Gio then added, making my eyes widen. "And for today, we want to go out and explore the reef," he then added, before I could reply to the whole couple's massage bombshell.

How did he know that I wanted to explore the reef? Did I tell him that at some point?

The concierge nodded his head again as he began typing away on his computer, booking the appointments for us. "You're all set. Meet Jeffrey on the beach in an hour," the man then said as he pointed out the window to where we would meet our instructor.

As we turned to head for the door, Gio began grumbling, "We're going to need to get bathing suits. Come on, there's a store nearby," he then said as we thanked the concierge over our shoulders and headed back to our room to get the car keys.

After a semi-quick trip to the nearest clothing store we were standing on the beach, listening to the gorgeous Jeffrey talking about how to properly snorkel. I was paying more attention to how muscular and tanned he was and how his Australian accent seemed to only enhance his already sexy nature. "All set," Jeffrey then asked, clearly concluding his instruction.

I didn't hear a word of the instructions, but how hard could it be? Really? "Yup," I replied with a thumbs up as we were escorted over to a boat and boarded onto it, before heading out to the reef.

I wasn't so fond of this idea anymore as soon as we hit the open water. I quickly realized that reefs usually brought waves and undercurrents, but I did my best to not voice those concerns aloud. After putting on my flippers, my snorkel and getting my goggles established over my face, we were ushered to a point on the back of the boat, where we would then lower ourselves into the water. Gio volunteered to go in first and then both he and Jeffery helped me into the water. It was completely unnecessary, but I also wasn't one to complain when two gorgeous men were touching me.

As soon as I got into the water, my fear soon began to surface again and I quickly made sure that my gear was good and secure so I wouldn't drown. I was a strong swimmer, but when dealing with the ocean, even the strongest swimmers needed to be wary and boy was I wary. Gio made a quick dive underwater and I looked back at Jeffrey before diving down after him.

Before me was a colorful world of orange, red and yellow corals, that came in various shapes and sizes. Colorful fish swam in schools all around us, making me regret having to float up for air. When I went back down, a sea turtle lazily swam by and I reached out to pet it as it did. A few stingrays swam near the bottom sand, but I remembered what happened to the Crocodile Hunter, so I made sure to keep my distance from them. Although Gio made sure to swim with them and pet them.