Chapter 11 - White and chocolate don't mix

Gio's room was actually quite accommodating and his bed was not only huge, but absolutely comfortable. I laid there for a while by myself, enjoying the silence, before Gio strolled in, grumbling and grousing about this, that and the other. I couldn't really make much of it out, but I knew a big portion of it was me being in his room. "Nope, off the bed," he then stated when he saw me on the bed, as if I were a flea ridden mutt dirtying up his bed rather than a clean human being.

Clearly he wasn't serious, and even if he were, there was no way in hell I was moving from my cozy spot. "Where would you like me to sleep then, your majesty? On the floor," I then asked in quite the snippy tone as I boldly remained laying where I was. My body was comfortable and all functions were ready to shut down for sleep.

In what seemed like one fluid motion, Gio pulled his shirt over his head and tossed it into the hamper beside him before shrugging his shoulders. "I don't care where you sleep, but my bed is off limits," he then said as he then began to unbutton his pants and then work them off. Clearly I knew I shouldn't be watching the spectacle, but I just couldn't force myself to look away.

His words took a moment to register into my brain, because I was currently staring at him in only his boxers and the sight was definitely not a disappointing one. "Your bed is huge enough for both of us to sleep comfortably away from each other," I finally said after I was able to stop staring at his perfectly sculpted chest and became capable of forming words again.

Focus Ganessa!

Gio narrowed his eyes in a very dangerous manner, and his jaw ticked, indicating his annoyance and anger at me. I did not care, however. I would not be forced to sleep on the floor or in a chair. "You got me into this mess with your big mouth. The least you could do is respect my wishes and let me have my bed," he replied as if I were some villain trying to take his virtues rather than just a girl who wanted a fluffy bed to sleep on. I highly doubted he even had any virtues to take anyway.

This was one argument that he would not win however, the floor was not the place for anyone to sleep, especially me. "For the love of all that's holy, please just get into bed and shut up," I grumbled, not wanting to argue a moment longer. I wanted to sleep comfortably. "I promise to keep my hands, feet and other appendages to myself," I added with a soft snicker.

His jaw ticked again and I knew he was very angry or very annoyed now. "Whatever," he groused bitterly, giving up the fight, as he pulled off his boxers and shut off the light before I could process what the hell had just transpired. "I hope you don't mind, Princess, but I sleep naked," he then added and I could hear the amusement in his voice as he climbed into the bed. "Sweet dreams, Princess," he then called out into the darkness and I swear I could hear him laughing softly.

Now, I had never been with a man in any sense like this and it was quite uncomfortable for me. I'd barely ever even seen a man without a shirt on before and now I had seen more than my fair share of that recently. I grabbed some extra pillows and made a wall between us, careful not to touch anything specific on his side, but I still felt unnerved, like I was on a crackling livewire. "Bastard," I grumbled as I got up and decided to head to the kitchen for a cup of cocoa to calm me down. Sleep was now the farthest thing from my mind thanks to Gio and his Magic Mike show.

As I descended the stairs, I spotted the soft glow from the kitchen light already on and wondered who else would be awake at this unholy hour. Upon entering the kitchen, I spotted Angelo standing at the microwave waiting for some popcorn to be done popping. "Hey you," I greeted him softly, not wanting to wake anyone in the house by being too loud.

Angelo looked over and smiled a bit sheepishly at me as I walked over to him, with the intent to scoot by him. "Oh.... hey," he replied with a blush as I held onto his waist gently as I squeezed past him so I could make myself a cup of hot cocoa.