Chapter 3 - Cabo San Lucas

Getting kidnapped, you would think that the fiends behind it would drag you to some podunk, middle of nowhere, rickety old shack right? The kind of shack that was rundown in the woods where no one would ever find you? No water, no bathroom or even running water. Heaven forbid electricity.

Well, that's certainly what I was expecting anyway. Having only movies and books to go on, what else would I believe?

So when I finally got my bearings straight and saw the beautiful white mansion on the beach in front of me, I could have died. Clearly I wasn't complaining about such posh accommodations. However, if these were the conditions of being kidnapped, how bad could it really be? "Get her bags," Gio then yelled to his brothers.

Well, he made being kidnapped suck, but still, A MANSION!

Which could have a dungeon in the cellar for all you know!

I tried to shut up my brain as Gio grabbed my arm and began unnecessarily pulling me up the stone steps and into the Mansion. "This is unnecessary roughness! I'm clearly not running or fighting," I stated in exasperation as I tried to keep up with him.

At least not in this dress and these shoes anyway.

Just like the outside exterior, the inside was pristine white. Not exactly welcoming, it actually was quite cold and very unwelcoming. The art on the walls were all expensive and mosaic, not exactly pretty like Monet or Manet. Instead the pictures were of paint splatters and geometric shapes.

If this passed for art, civilian was surely taking a nosedive. I was expecting at least a Mona Lisa knockoff. Since these guys were kidnappers, they were probably thieves too. They could afford decent art!

As I looked at the decorated walls, I couldn't help but think this had the feel of a hospital waiting room, sterile and boring. "I will show you to your room. You can shower and when you come down, then we'll talk," Gio then stated, again leaving no room for argument. I wanted to argue for arguments sake, but my dress was uncomfortable and my squished feet were howling in protest.

Why were heels so horrendous? Did a man invent them?

"Drake, tell the chef to cook something up for all of us," Gio barked to his brother as he removed his tuxedo jacket, then tossed it onto a hook, before he began to loosen his tie.

Why was this action attractive to me? Especially given the ogre behind the action. Pull yourself together, woman!

I suddenly realized I was staring at Gio and quickly stopped staring at his actions before he could notice, because in that moment it was sexy and nothing about kidnappers was supposed to be sexy.

Especially HIM.

Quickly I averted my gaze away from him and over at the other brother now, who I hadn't yet seen. He was quite handsome as well, though not quite comparable to the other two, and I assumed he was the middle brother. He was shorter than Gio, but not by much. His hair was more of a dark sandy brown and his eyes were a softer blue. His face was right between round and angular and his squared jaw held a five o'clock shadow. "Follow me," Gio demanded, breaking me from my musings and assessment of his brother. I would have protested just to annoy him, but I really wanted out of this dress and these wretched shoes!

Gio led me up the multitude of stairs and down a long hallway, to a room that was bigger than an average apartment. I was expecting it to be white and boring just like the rest of the mansion I had seen, but I was pleasantly surprised when the door opened and we stepped inside. The walls of the room were a soft rose petal pink and two windowed doors led out to a veranda that overlooked the beach and ocean. From the veranda there was a stairway that led right onto the white sandy beach below. To add to the luxury, the room had a gigantic canopy bed, complete with pink chiffon curtains around it. There were also a few dressers and a television, but those weren't exactly out of the ordinary for a room.