In my time of dying•part 1

You sit up sharply, gasping in pain as you did. You looked around frantically, you where in a hospital room alone. You looked down at your body, you where in one of those stupid hospital gowns. You looked down seeing a bandage wrapped around your left arm, you placed your hand on your neck feeling a bandage there as well. Your head hurt like a bitch, it felt like someone had bashed you over the head with a bat. You let out a groan, and then it hit you.

"Sam, Dean, John." You whispered.

You pulled the IV out of your arm, and pushed yourself out of bed. As your feet hit the floor you felt a wave of pain. You winced, then a nurse walked in and she gasped, rushing over to you. She placed her hand on your shoulder, trying her hardest to get you back in bed.

"Ma'am, you need to lay back down." She said sternly.

"I'm fine." You mumbled.

"Ma'am, please lay back down." She said.

You looked up at her just as Sam walked in, you let out a breath of relief "Sammy." You said. Pushing past the nurse and hobbling over to the younger Winchester, he rushed over wrapping his arm around your waist.

"Y/n, the hell are you doing?" He asked.

"Trying to find you, along with your brother and Dad. Where are they? Are they okay?" You asked.

Sam looked up at the nurse, "She's fine, I'll make sure she doesn't walk around too much." He said.

The nurse sighed "Just, be careful. She's sustained some injuries, she's broken a rib. She hit her head fairly hard, and she has multiple cuts. Some are deep, others are not." She explained.

Sam nodded, "Come on." Sam whispered. Leading you out of your room, you leaned against him for support. Your right leg hurting each time you put pressure on it, Sam led you to a different room and when you walked in your eyes went wide.

There laid Dean, tubes in his mouth. It looked like he was hooked up to some serious equipment, he looked pale. Almost lifeless pale, and that terrified you. Your breath caught in your throat, and your heart dropped. "Oh god." You whispered, pushing yourself away from Sam and heading to Dean's bedside.

"Your father's awake. You can go see him if you like." Someone said from behind you.

You spun around, wincing as you did "Doc, what about my brother?" Sam asked.

"Well, he sustained serious injury: blood loss, contusions to his liver and kidney. But it's the head trauma I'm worried about. There's early signs of cerebral edema." The doctor explained.

"What can we do?" You asked.

"Well, we won't know his full condition until he wakes up. If he wakes up."

"If?" You and Sam questioned.

You could feel something in the room, something familiar. It was almost as if there was someone standing right next to you, you frowned looking next to you seeing no one. You sighed and looked back at the doctor, waiting for him to explain.

"I have to be honest, most people with this degree of injury wouldn't have survived this long. He's fighting very hard. But you need to have realistic expectations." The doctor explained.