Bloodlust•part 1

The impala cruises down the asphalt, AC/DC 'Back In Black' was blasting in the speakers. Dean was in a happy mood, you where in a happy mood. Everyone was happy.

"Whoo! Listen to her purr! Have you ever heard anything so sweet?" Dean asked.

"It's truly magnificent." You said, leaning back in the comfortable black leather seats.

"You know, if you two wanna get a room, just let us know, Dean." Sam said.

"Oh, don't listen to him, baby. He doesn't understand us." Dean said, tapping the dashboard of his car.

Sam laughs "You're in a good mood." Sam said.

"Don't ruin it." You said.

"Why shouldn't I be?" Dean asked.

"No reason." Sam said.

"Got my car, got a case, things are looking up." Dean said, happily.

"Wow. Give you a couple of severed heads and a pile of dead cows and you're Mister Sunshine." Sam said.

You laughed "I'd be happy too." You said.

"How far to Red Lodge?" Dean asked.

"Uh, about another three hundred miles." Sam answered.

"Good." You could hear the smirk in the sentence, and Dean floored it.

-|-

You and the bous sat in the sheriff's office, pretending to be reporters for a paper. "The murder investigation is ongoing, and that's all I can share with the press at this time." The sherriff said.

"Sure, sure, we understand that, but just for the record, you found the first, uh, head last week, correct?" Sam asked.

"Mm-hmm" the sherriff hummed.

"Okay, and the other, a uh, Christina Flanigan?" You said.

"That was two days ago. Is there --" suddenly theres a knock on the door, you look back seeing a young woman tapping on her watch. You look back at the sherriff "Oh. Sorry kids, time's up, we're done here."

"One last question --" Sam quickly said.

"Yeah, what about the cattle?" Dean asked.

"Excuse me?" The sherriff asked, a scoff at the end of his sentence.

"You know, the cows found dead, split open, drained ... over a dozen cases." You said.

"What about them?" The sherriff asked.

"So you don't think there's a connection?" Sam asked.

"Connection ... with...?" The sherriff pressed.

"First cattle mutilations, now two murders? Kinda sounds like ritual stuff." Sam said.

The sheriff laughs "You -" he pauses and looks at the three of you, "you're not kidding." He said.

"No." Dean said.