Bloodlust•part 3

When you came too, you couldn't see a thing. You were panicked, you could feel your hands tied around your back. You a gag in your mouth meaning you couldn't speak, "Sam?" You questioned out muffled.

You could tell it was hard to tell what you where saying, suddenly the sack was ripped off your head. You looked to your left and saw Sam who was also gagged, you than look in front of you seeing the bartender from the bar. He glared at you baring his fangs as he came closer to you, you struggled hoping to loosen the ropes.

"Wait! Step back, Eli." A female voice exclaimed.

From behind Eli, you could see a burnett girl standing in the door frame, her arms crossed. Eli backed away from you, his fangs retracting. The girl approached you taking the gag from your mouth, she moves to Sam and does the same.

"My name's Lenore. I'm not going to hurt you. We just need to talk." She said.

"Talk? Yeah, okay, but I might have a tough time paying attention to much besides Eli's teeth." Sam retorted.

"If you wanted to talk, why the hell did you kidnap us." You growled.

"He won't hurt you either. You have my word." Lenore said.

"Your word means nothing." You said.

"Your word? Oh yeah, great, thanks. Listen lady, no offense but you're not the first vampire we've met." Sam said, agreeing with you.

"We're not like the others. We don't kill humans, and we don't drink their blood. We haven't for a long time." Lenore said.

"What?" You asked, clearly confused.

"What is this, some kind of joke?" Sam asked.

"Notice you're still alive." Lenore said.

"Okay, so if you aren't drinking blood. Then shouldn't you be starving or something?" You asked.

"We've found other ways. Cattle blood." Lenore said.

"You're telling me you're responsible for all the --"

Lenore cut Sam off "It's not ideal, in fact it's disgusting. But -- it allows us to get by." She said.

"Okay, well why are you doing it?" You asked.

"Survival. No deaths, no missing locals, no reason for people like you to come looking for people like us. We blend in. Our kind is practically extinct. Turns out we weren't quite as high up the food chain as we imagined." Lenore explained.

"Why are we explaining ourselves to these killers?" Eli snarled.

"Eli!" Lenore exclaimed.

"We choke on cow's blood so that none of them suffer. Tonight they murdered Conrad and they celebrated." Eli growled stepping forward.

"That wasn't us, me and him went back to our room." You growled.

Eli rushed forward placing his hands on the arm rests of your chair, his fangs where bared and he snarled at you. You stared him dead in the eyes, not scared of him one bit. You could feel your eyes flicker in and out of color, like an old light bulb that was out of juice.