Chapter 2

"Mama!" A little boy entered, and hugged his mother.

"How was your day Ayan? Who bought you home?" She asked as she bent to his height

"It was good! Asad dad and I came home, papa is in office!" Ayan replied

"Go and get changed, then I will serve lunch for you! Asad bhai you also come?" She said as she entered the kitchen

"Anaya, I don't want to eat now!" Asad replied tiredly. "I will send some coffee for you?" Anaya asked softly

"Anaya, I will make coffee for him, you go and make Ayan eat, and call Amaan and ask him when will he come home?" Zehra, Asad's mother said.

Anaya was Zehra's daughter in law. Asad and Amaan are brothers. Anaya had managed the whole household pretty well, though it was difficult as she had a mother in law like Zehra. Very difficult!

Zehra loved her son's more than herself, and always looked for their best. But it wasn't that she hadn't ruined her son's happiness for herself before. That mistake of hers is something her son is still paying for! She never regretted it.

Asad Siddique, the famous business tycoon of Banglore. A person who was once the most caring person, had become a cold hearted one. Because of something that his mother had done before. Asad wasn't aware of the fact that it was his own mother who ruined his happiness!

"Asad!?" Zehra entered his room. Asad who was looking through the files, looked up to his mother and smiled slightly

"You have this coffee, I will send lunch for you?" She asked, smiling.

"Mama, I said I don't want to eat!" Asad replied and turned back to the files he was looking through.

"You need to move on from what happened Asad! You can't just be waiting like this." Zehra said and Asad looked at her and threw the file on the bed beside him

"Mama you don't have to remind me all that every time! If you care even a little for me, then please leave me the way I am!" He said.

Zehra couldn't say anything further, so walked out of the room. Asad laid on his bed, kept his arm on his forehead, and closed his eyes.

•••••••

"Amaan, I will serve food?" Anaya asked as he entered. He placed his laptop bag on the couch, unbuttoned his coat and hung it on the stand next to him.

"I will talk to bhai and come, till then you serve." He replied and walked to Asad's room

"Bhai!" He called and knocked the door

"Yes?" Asad said. He sat up on the bed and glanced at the door.

"I signed a new project today, with Khan group of companies. Just wanted to discuss about it." Amaan said taking a seat opposite to Asad

"Who is the owner? Where is the company?"

"Arsal Khan. The company is in Mumbai, but they will be coming here for the project." Amaan answered.

"Okay! Schedule a meeting tomorrow morning, we'll discuss about this project. I have heard a lot about Arsal Khan. It would be nice working with him!" Asad said as he looked through the files, that Amaan gave.

"Fine! Aren't you feeling well bhai? Is everything fine? Did you eat something?" He asked as he glanced at Asad

"I am fine! I don't want to eat anything, you go and eat!" Asad answered.

"Papa, mama is calling you!" Ayan entered. Amaan went out to Anaya

"Asad dad, can we play football please?" Ayaan asked softly

"Now? Your homework is done?" Asad asked with a slight smile as he made Ayan sit next to him. He nodded slowly in a negative response.

"So now, Ayan will promise that he will complete his work after we play, okay?" Asad said and looked at him

"Promise! Now can we play?" He asked. Asad and Ayan came out to the lawn.

Since 5 years, Asad had become silent. He hardly smiled or even spoke to anyone. It was only Ayan, with whom he felt contended. Ayan kept him busy the whole day, and so Asad would barely remember about the incident that happened 5 years back.

Zehra was always worried about her first son. She wanted Asad to get married to her friend's daughter, Tara.

It was just a hope that Asad lived with. A hope that the person he loved, and waited for, would come back some day. But it was 5 years, neither did his wait come to an end, nor did she return.

There was no day where he didn't miss her. He truly loved her, but she left him. For someone else?

Would she come back, or Asad would find someone for himself?

Thank you for reading❤️