Chapter 11

"So when is this project starting, Mr. Asad!"

"Really soon-"

"Dad, where is Ayan?" Anayra asked as she came to Asad.

"Baby, I didn't see him! Come let's look for him." Asad replied as he bent to her height

"I will catch up with you all soon!" He said and walked with Anayra to look for Ayan.

"I think she is his daughter, she looks just like him!" Asad heard the people speak. He turned to reply to them, but Anayra spoke till then.

"Dad, maybe he is with his papa!"

"Let's see, come on!" He replied and she held his hand.

"You sit here, I will get something for you to eat?" Asad asked. He picked her up and made her sit onto the chair.

"I just had my dinner, dad! I am not hungry."

"Just some juice? Or ice cream?" He asked again.

"Ice cream!" She said in excitement. He looked at her and smiled.

"I will be right back, don't go anywhere okay?" He said and she nodded.

"Maahi, I will check the food arrangements and come, you check the speakers please!" Minal said and walked towards the banquet hall.

"Dad, where were you? And Anayra?" Ayan asked as he saw Asad.

"She is outside, you also go there! I will get ice cream for you too?" Asad asked and he nodded.

•••

"Arsal we have to make sure our plans works!"

"But how Maahi? I can't see it working anyways."

"We have to do something! What we couldn't do 5 years back, has to be done now!"

"Where did Minal go?"

"She went to check the arrangements!"

"So far, our plan has worked quite well. We are finally in Bangalore. Now we need to keep her away from jeeju!" Maahi whispered to Arsal

"She will suffer for what she did! Jeeju himself will start staying away from her. He has to know what she did to him. In whatever condition jeeju is today, it's only because of her!"

"Yes, absolutely! Let me go and check where Minal is!" Arsal said and went towards the banquet hall

"Amaan you stay with Ayan and Anayra here. I will go home. I will inform Arsal that Anayra is with you." Asad said.

"Dad, please stay for some more time" Anayra said looking up to him.

He really wanted to go back home. He didn't want to stay here anymore, but couldn't say a no to Anayra. He loved and cared for her so much. So, he decided to stay back for some time. But he didn't speak a single word.

"Maahi, Minal is not there anywhere! I looked for her everywhere, but she wasn't there! I hope she is fine." Arsal told Maahi.

"Don't worry, let me call her wait!" She tried, but Minal didn't answer.

"I will go back home, will you manage here? She might be at home, I will check and come back soon!"

"No, that's okay! You stay with Minal itself, I will manage!"

•••

"Di!?" Maahi called, as she found the door open. As soon as she entered, she saw everything scattered all around. All she could hear was Minal crying.

"What happened di?" She asked as she saw her sitting in the corner of the room with a frame in her hand.

"Maahi!" Minal stood up and hugged her tightly, as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Di what's wrong? You are really making me worried! Please tell me!" Maahi said.

"Wait, have this water! And take a seat here, come!" She made her sit on the couch.

"Maahi, I saw him there!" Minal said in a cracking voice.

"Who did you see di? Jeeju?" She asked and Minal nodded in a yes.

"You met him? You spoke to him?" A trail of questions were there in Maahi's mind.

Before she asked anything further, she messaged Arsal, "Di is fine! She is with me here!"

"I can't face him Maahi, I just can't! He is already broken, from the fact that I left him! I didn't talk to him, he didn't even see me. The moment I saw him, I left from there!"

"Why di? You should have spoken to him?"

"I have no answers to his questions Maahi! I can't see him hurt, he's already broken by my acts. I still love him, and always will! But I can't face him."

"Then what will you do? Anayra? Did you think about her?"

"Yes! If he ever meets Anayra, then I will tell she's mine and Arsal's daughter! I don't want him to know that Anayra is his daughter, he will be hurt Maahi, please understand!"

"You can't do that di! He is Anayra's father, he has the full right to know about his daughter, you can't lie to him like this!"

"I have given him enough pain Maahi, not anymore!"

"He would be more hurt, if he gets to know his daughter was hidden by him. He deserves to know it di! Please don't hide it from him!"

"I don't want to meet him again! When I came to Bangalore, I came with a fear that I would have to face him, and today that was going to be true. But I came home from there!"

"How long will you keep yourself away from him! He also loves you di! Don't do this to him."

"He used to love me Maahi, I am sure that's not the case anymore! I left him Maahi, how do you expect him to still love me. I am sure he moved on! He truly deserves someone better than me. I left him because someone forced me to leave? How can I do that! Now I am sure he doesn't even want to see me."

Thank you for reading❤️