Chapter 15

They both stood facing each other after 5 complete years. Both of them stood still without speaking a single word. Their memories and every time that they spent together came back.

Without thinking twice, Asad hugged her. He had a trail of questions in his mind, as to why she had left, and much more, but he didn't speak. Tears streamed down their eyes. Looking at each other after so long, brought a smile on their face, but she turned away as she couldn't face him.

Minal didn't know what to say. She feared from the thought of his reaction if he gets to know everything about her and Anayra. She didn't have answers for his questions. She couldn't tell him about Anayra.

She picked up the gifts and walked inside wiping her tears, without telling a word.

"Minal!" He called her, but she left. He stood there shocked as to what had happened then. Who he always wished he could be with, was in front of him, but now she left without telling anything!

Minal went inside and kept the gifts on the table and went to Arsal.

"Minal? Is everything okay? What happened?" He asked as he looked at her, she was still crying.

"Arsal, I am not feeling well, I want to go home, now!" She said wiping her tears.

"But what happened?"

"Arsal please, I am going home! And I am taking Anayra along with me." She feared  that Asad would meet Anayra, so she decided to take her home.

"But why Anayra? She is playing with Ayan, let her stay here, I will get her home!" Arsal said.

"No! I am taking Anayra with me, you and Maahi come after the party ends, and if Anaya asks about me, then tell her that I went home, as I wasn't feeling well!" Minal said and went to get Anayra.

"Mama, we are going home? So fast? Please let me play for some more time!" Anayra said softly

"No, come now Anayra!" She said raising her voice a bit.

"Bye Ayan!" She said and went home with Minal.

"Mama what happened? Why are you crying?" Anayra asked as they reached home.

"Nothing happened Anayra, go and sleep, it's Monday tomorrow, and you have school!" Minal replied locking the main door behind her.

"But mama-"

"Anayra! Didn't you hear me? Go now!" She said and Anayra walked inside her room.

•••

"Bhai where were you?" Amaan asked as he saw Asad enter.

"I am going home Amaan, you take care of everything here!" Asad said and before he could ask anything, he left.

"Where did he go?" Anaya asked as she came there.

"I don't know what happened! He went home." Amaan replied

"Amaan, listen! I want to talk to you about something. Come with me please!" Anaya said.

"I will just attend the guests and come we can talk later please?" He replied and she nodded and went from there.

"I am sorry Asad, I am really very sorry, for everything, for giving you so much pain, for hurting you by my acts, for leaving you alone, for hiding our daughter, Anayra since 5 years, for not being with you all these years. I am sorry, I truly am!" Minal said as she sat next to Anayra caressing her hair making her sleep.

"I love you my baby, I can never afford to lose you. If Asad comes to know about you, what if he takes you away from me? I just can't live without you Anayra. I never wanted to come back to Bangalore, only because of this, never did I want to meet him or face him, because I know I can't, I have no answers, what would I tell him?" She said softly looking at Anayra.

•••

Both Asad and Minal were silent after what had happened last night. They hardly spoke to anyone. The same scene was going on in their minds.

"Mama, where is my Art book?" Anayra asked as she returned from her school.

"Anayra go and change first, then only after having lunch, you are going to do other things." Minal replied.

"Okay mama, but tell me where is my book?" She asked again.

"It's there in the shelf, till you finish your food, I will give it to you!" Minal replied as she served the food.

Without waiting for Minal, Anayra took a chair and kept it in front of the shelf. She stood up on it, and tried to reach the book, instead some books and folders fell down. She got down and picked the books.

"An album!" She said excitedly as she saw one book. She opened it and saw pictures of Minal.

"Wow, mama looks so beautiful in her wedding dress. Where is papa's picture?" She said to herself and flipped the pages.

As she kept turning, she stood shocked as she saw a picture, she removed it from the album and saw it clearly.

"Mama and Asad dad!? Why are they together in this picture? Papa's picture is not there." Anayra said. She heard Minal enter, so she placed the books back in its place hurriedly, and got down from the chair.

"Anayra, why is the chair here?" Minal asked.

"I was trying to pick up my art book." She said slowly.

"Didn't I tell you to go and get changed first? First lunch, then I will give you your book. Now go, papa is waiting for you outside." Minal said smiling slightly

"Okay mama!" She replied and went out.

Thank you for reading❤️